Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

isense cinema - point village

Options
  • 14-09-2012 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone has any feedback on this place. How does it compare to other cinemas in the city? Is the isense experience worth watching a film here as opposed to any other cinema in Dublin?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

we seen the dark knight there. i would highly recommend it, it was awesome BUT i wouldnt go to see some random chick flick.

its an action movie cinema

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Brilliant cinema,every ticket is €5 on Wednesdays there too.

http://www.odeoncinemas.ie/fanatic/great_value/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

check out what the film crew thought, not great
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=76696228

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Bassfish

If you're booking seats try to get up near the front. We went to see the dark knight rises and we were at the back and it wasn't any better than a normal screen. The seating wasn't that steep and there's a middle aisle so ye're was people walking across the bottom of the screen which drove me mad. Agree with the above comment that I wouldn't bother with it for a rom com or drama, you'd want a big epic action film to make it worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

It's good but nothing amazing. The sound is great overall, however I saw the Dark Knight there and found it quite difficult to understand a lot of what Bane was saying (accent aside), and when I saw it again in another cinema I found his voice a lot clearer. Other than that though the sound is excellent. The seating isn't staggered enough though so you could have someone's head poking up at the bottom of the screen. I'd say screen 17 in Cineworld and screen 1 in Liffey Valley are just as good if not better - both those screens are bigger and they're cheaper too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

I saw Prometheus there, the cinema was ok, I was expecting a bit more since they make a big song and dance about iSense.
    Not really any different to most cinemas really and I found it overpriced when I was there as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

I saw Prometheus there, the cinema was ok, I was expecting a bit more since they make a big song and dance about iSense.
    Not really any different to most cinemas really and I found it overpriced when I was there as well.

Interesting comments. Sounds like wednesdays are a good shout at a fiver! Thats great value.

Anyone know whats happening with the stephens green cinema? I think that one will be the busiest in the country when it opens. But it seems to be delayed for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Was expecting a lot more from this screen, its big but I didnt think it was great, sound wasn't as good or as loud as I expected and becuse the screen is from the ground to the ceiling, the angle of the seats meant a few heads were blocking the bottom of the screen.

Advertisement