Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread Locked; No right of reply

Options
  • 14-09-2012 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭

Asked a generic question on After Hours.
    After a of diliberate off-topic posts. A poster asked a question in their post and then locked thread, playing to the previous posted audience and giving no right of reply.
    I reported an earlier post on the Thread and am now reporting the actions of the Moderator 'Humanji' on his handling of the thread.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056754997

As Mickey Dolenz has said himself
    We don't take kindly to bullying.
    A form of bullying is embarrassing/singling out the individual in front of others and then giving no opportunity to reply.
    Humanji got a round of applause with some thanks.

I am sorry if the overall subject matter is very sensitive, my concern is the specifics of the question. I have no sympathy for any Moderator that locks a discussion before it gets started rather than dealing with the individual actions of a few posters that had breached the rules of boards.ie

I would like an explanation why a question was asked but I had no right to reply?
    I would like to know who else Humanji consulted with before closing the discussion?
    If no-one than I believe Humanji took the decision based on posts, including abusive posts within the Thread. That's unfortunate.

I would like the thread re-opened so that I may be able to respond to the Moderator Humanji?

Again, if a moderator feels the discussion is too big for them or imagines that the discussion will be too big for them, leave it alone. Let someone else handle it.
    Closing discussions because of the posts of a few abusive individuals is pretty ignorant.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Seriously? Are you trolling?

You got your answer from Boney in the first post: "Mental illness is not contagious."

There is no issue about the discussion being too big, because there is no discussion to be had in the first place.

The idea of mental illness as a contagion or a plague, or indeed similarly ridiculous notions such as demonic possession as a cause, hark back to the dark ages and are best left there.

Even the question is insensitive, to say the very least, to those who suffer from mental illness.

How long would you expect a thread asking "how contagious is the gheyness?" to last before being locked?

About 5 minutes, same as yours? Sounds about right, assuming there was a mod to hand.

There is no bullying here, just a mod doing what the owners and admins of this site have asked him to do, and doing it promptly.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

For the record, I agree with everything randylonghorn said and fully support the action by humanji.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement