Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UPC now has its own Talk back forum on Boards

• 14-09-2012 4:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭

Boards has just just launched a new Talk To forum for @UPC here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1546
    So, if you've any issue then go to the link and get the ball rolling.
    Great idea. well done Boards and UPC!

Apologies if this has already been posted.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

What's left to talk about on this forum if we go to that one??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Casey Cablevision and their new 200mbit product. :)

Fair enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭zg3409

I think the idea is that the official UPC rep will reply to every thread, however others seem to be replying instead.

It's a good idea, but when someone posts it should bar anyone else from replying except official UPC rep.

That said in many cases people dont give even the basic info of location, package, available options at their address and they often want indepenent advice of whether to switch providers, go free to air, or haggle for a deal. The official rep would be better, in my opinion reading every thread here, and within 24 hours replying to each thread saying "UPCs policy is ..... and you should expect ...."

I know that does not currently happen and Saorview's rep got fed up with people asking different questions in the one thread so if this system works then hopefully it will be an improvement.

So people please give at least a few days for UPC to respond before giving your own advice on this new system

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Casey Cablevision and their new 200mbit product. :)

Do you know how much that is? No mention of it on their website. In fact the website isn't very good at all. No mention of the television channels available etc.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I was joking about Casey.

I personally don't think UPC have the hang of this 'boards' thing at all...unlike eircom who have a very good handle on interaction and its pluses and minuses overall...and who can cope with the rough and the smooth very well.

It could go pear shaped rather rapidly :)

Agree with above. The phrase 'putting your hand out to be slapped' springs to mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

9959 wrote: »
    What's left to talk about on this forum if we go to that one??

Lots. The UPC board is a forum for complaints, feedback and service related issues. Here, we can continue talking about anything...

Advertisement