Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Important information about paying hardwareversand.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Karma25

gooch2k9 wrote: »
    Guten Tag,

I ordered Monday(10th September) and paid on Tuesday(11th). I forgot to add in the intended purpose on the bank transfer. My order number is xxxxxxxxx. The intended purpose code that should have accompanied this is: xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxx. The order status has not updated since the order was placed and I have been told it was because I did not include the 'Intended purpose' code. A scan of the transfer receipt is enclosed.

Thats the email I sent along with a screenshot of the transfer receipt, sent it yesterday and today when the lass told me to email them so waiting game now. That should get the message across I hope.

Sent the same I will ring tomorrow as well if no change today.

spix wrote: »
    Because its an automatic system which relies on the 'intended purpose' being received with the payment (which is why its given in email along with bank details). Another german store I buy from gives a clear warning not to forget it and to make sure to send the exact amount, shame they don't. You seem to have to make it very clear to them that you forgot it so they'll find it manually.

Its a very dated system. I wonder how many orders are put through and not paid on the site?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Doyler99

I rang them last Thursday because parts which were out of stock, came back in stock and my order history was never updated. So the lad on the phone was really nice + apologetic and said they would dispatch my order in the next hour. which they did. Currently tracking my order now on UPS and has just left Tamsworth or something in the UK, should be here maybe 2m or Weds :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Still no update despite talking to them on the phone and telling them the craic, have emailed three or four times too and got no reply. Does anyone know if I can recall the transfer and just start the order again doing it properly? Got the email saying it will be cancelled if no payment is received yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭pcadvice

i rang them friday for the same reason, the guy said his boss was off until monday but he would sort it monday. monday morning came and i didnt see an updated status so i rang again and explained again to another guy, he sent me an email about 1.5 hours later saying they received my payment. i just checked and my status is now Your payment conclusion via Prepayment was confirmed us, they must have only updated that over night.

i dont see why yours is not dealt with, try ringing them again

• Advertisement

pcadvice wrote: »
    i rang them friday for the same reason, the guy said his boss was off until monday but he would sort it monday. monday morning came and i didnt see an updated status so i rang again and explained again to another guy, he sent me an email about 1.5 hours later saying they received my payment. i just checked and my status is now Your payment conclusion via Prepayment was confirmed us, they must have only updated that over night.

i dont see why yours is not dealt with, try ringing them again

The girl I spoke to yesterday said they would check it and it might get sent the same day, sick of ringing them at this stage. I'll do it if I have to but do you know if I can recall the transfer or something? Be far handier to just restart the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭pcadvice

i dont know, never done this before

pcadvice wrote: »
    i dont know, never done this before

Rang them again and told them the craic this one said she would email back so heres hoping.

My order has been changed to invoice made so heres hoping that is the end of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

Spix, that was really helpful - thank you!
    I had never used hwversand before , placed my first order with them yesterday. Followed your instructions, made the payment about 4pm, got an acknowledgement from them around 8:30 this morning. If I had not read your post, I am pretty sure I'd have screwed it up...

Cheers,

Foxt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭JonB

Hi great thread. I'm about to order off hardwareversand using permanent tsb online banking.

It has the following fields:
    Personal message: (This is a personal message you can choose to send every time you send money to this recipient.)

Payee name: (The name of the account of the person or company you are sending money to. Make sure you use the correct account name and not a nickname.)

Reference: (This will appear on the payee's account.)

BIC number: (Bank Identification Code)

IBAN number:

So would this be right using the info from the original post?
    Financial institution Deutsche Postbank AG Dortmund
    Remittee: hardwareversand.de GmbH
    Remittee account: 731239469
    Bank code: 44010046
    Amount: 000,00 EUR
    Intended purpose: 000000000-00000
    for international payment:
    B.I.C. S.W.I.F.T.: PBNKDEFF
    IBAN No: DE73440100460731239469

Personal message: 000000000-00000 (same as intended purpose? or should this be something like "Buying pc parts to build pc"

Payee name: hardwareversand.de GmbH

Reference: What should this field be?

BIC number: Should this be the bank code or B.I.C. S.W.I.F.T.:?

IBAN number: ok this one is obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

I'd put your intended purpose (don't use 000000000, you will get one in an email after placing the order) in both the personal message and the reference fields and hardwareversand.de GmbH as payee name. There's no need to add anything else.

The BIC you need to use is PBNKDEFF , bank code is only used if you were doing the transfer within Germany.

JonB wrote: »
    Hi great thread. I'm about to order off hardwareversand using permanent tsb online banking.

It has the following fields:
    Personal message: (This is a personal message you can choose to send every time you send money to this recipient.)

Payee name: (The name of the account of the person or company you are sending money to. Make sure you use the correct account name and not a nickname.)

Reference: (This will appear on the payee's account.)

BIC number: (Bank Identification Code)

IBAN number:

So would this be right using the info from the original post?
    Financial institution Deutsche Postbank AG Dortmund
    Remittee: hardwareversand.de GmbH
    Remittee account: 731239469
    Bank code: 44010046
    Amount: 000,00 EUR
    Intended purpose: 000000000-00000
    for international payment:
    B.I.C. S.W.I.F.T.: PBNKDEFF
    IBAN No: DE73440100460731239469

Personal message: 000000000-00000 (same as intended purpose? or should this be something like "Buying pc parts to build pc"

Payee name: hardwareversand.de GmbH

Reference: What should this field be?

BIC number: Should this be the bank code or B.I.C. S.W.I.F.T.:?

IBAN number: ok this one is obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭JonB

Hi sorry to bump again. First off thanks Spix. I ordered using permanent TSB. I did it over the phone which was probably a mistake when I checked the transfer information online I noticed they misspelled the remittee name. When I was on the phone he actually never mentioned the remittee name but I mentioned that I had that info also and he said he would take that if I had it. He took it but he spelt it hardwareversant instead of hardwareversand. Do you think this will be fine? Especially considering he wasn't going to even take the remittee name.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Welp, I've just done mine via PTSB online banking aswell, so hopefully, all is well. I wasn't allowed to enter the intended purpose into the personal message field, as it doesn't allow hyphens. I removed the hyphen and put in a space (in the personal message only) - the reference field was fine with the hyphen. PTSB setup is a bit weird though. They've now added hwvs as a payee, but it's tied to that particular intended purpose, so I'll never use it again.

Anyway, I've got all weekend to worry about where my money might be, hopefully will get something hwvs early next week telling me it's all fine.

Advertisement