Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potential New Customer, no line rental

Options
  • 14-09-2012 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

Hi, I am looking into the possibility of getting Eircom Broadband.

Our home do not pay line rental and do not want a get a bundle either.

We are concerned there may be substantial upfront costs as we were with eircom before in the past and our bill went nuts.

Your help would be much appreciated :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

TheCoolWay wrote: »
    Hi, I am looking into the possibility of getting Eircom Broadband.

Our home do not pay line rental and do not want a get a bundle either.

We are concerned there may be substantial upfront costs as we were with eircom before in the past and our bill went nuts.

Your help would be much appreciated :)

Hi TheCoolWay,

The type of setup and related costs depend on what method you use to place the order. Through all channels at the moment the PSTN line connection is free so whether it's an in-situ line or a full install it won't cost anything. The standard connection fee for broadband is €30 and includes the wireless modem, however if you place the order on our website this will also be free (will be charged over the phone).

With regards free rental, if this comes from the DSP scheme, it will simply be deducted automatically once you have made them aware of the account details. When looking at pricing online, you can deduct around €25 from the standard price to reflect the free rental allowance. I understand you would rather not get a bundle but it will actually work out cheaper than getting broadband on a standalone basis. If you'd still prefer this setup, the minimum cost for broadband is €25, going up to €40 depending on which package you take.

Normally how the billing works is:
    • Line is connected at the exchange.
    • Bill arrives covering line rental from the day of connection, up to the day the bill issues and also 1 or 2 months in advance depending on what bill cycle you chose. Also, any calls or deposits will be on this bill (no call package on first bill)
    • Broadband order will normally be completed within 5 working days of the line completion and modem should arrive within this 5 day period
    • 2nd bill will arrive (either 1 or 2 months later depending on the billing cycle chosen)
    • This will have the package charges for one/two months in advance, broadband rental back to the day it was connected and any calls made outside of the package
    • Any promotional credits or offers will only start on this 2nd bill
    The current €40 offer runs for the first 6 months and is then €45 thereafter. What I would recommend is going onto www.eircom.net and click into the "products for home" section to get an idea of costs/promotions and then call into sales on 1800 503 303 and let them run through their promotions. You can then decide which option is best and will save you the most money. If you need any more info before going ahead with it let me know.

Thanks

James

Advertisement