Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good value restaurant deals in Galway

Options
  • 14-09-2012 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

I want to go out for dinner tonight and just wondering where has good offers at the moments for a 2 course/3 course set menu type of thing.

Normally I have a collection of groupon/living social/grab one deals in the back burner but I'm all out and I dont know how I will cope having to pay full whack!!!

Any suggestions welcome

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

The Dail bar do a steak, chips, mushrooms etc plus a pint for €15, also fish (sole I think) and a glass of wine for the lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Kaskade

The Dail bar do a steak, chips, mushrooms etc plus a pint for €15, also fish (sole I think) and a glass of wine for the lady.

Thanks a million, that will do nicely.

Still happy to get other suggestions for future nights

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

look at the gbc website, i find things there well priced.
    havent been in a while but there dinner used to be well filling

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Thai garden always reasonable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

I think its Rouge that do the set menu for €15, I'm sure someone will be able to confirm/correct.
    Granted it's probably not the best if ye are absolutely famished but I found it very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Tell you what we are ripped off here in Ireland, just back from Spain where you could get a three course meal for 8 Euros, lots of different menus and had a three course Chinese for 5.95. 30 Neurofern tablets cost 2.06 in Spain while here 20 tablets cost 7.80 crazy .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Olive's have a €30 voucher for €15 through Pigsback. Get 10% cashback by going through fatcheese
    Also, M&S have their Dine in for €12.50 this weekend as well, always good value there. Pretend your kitchen is a restaurant!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

Also the Quays do a 2 course meal + wine + tea/coffee for €19 and I think a 3 course meal for €23. Good grub in there. Personally I've always preferred proper scran in a pub, great portions and no nonsense food over pretentious ****e that wouldn't feed a bird doubled in price because the name's in French. Each to their own and that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Tell you what we are ripped off here in Ireland, just back from Spain where you could get a three course meal for 8 Euros, lots of different menus and had a three course Chinese for 5.95. 30 Neurofern tablets cost 2.06 in Spain while here 20 tablets cost 7.80 crazy .

seems a bit far to travel for dinner

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

seems a bit far to travel for dinner

Seems that you have never had a holiday with that stupid remark

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Seems that you have never had a holiday with that stupid remark

Humour's not your thing eh :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Samuri Suicide

On Storm 10's recommendations..I just had a paella and 17 nurofen.

Best Chinese meal I ever had for 3.42 euro...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

On Storm 10's recommendations..I just had a paella and 17 nurofen.

Best Chinese meal I ever had for 3.42 euro...

Interesting! That means we can bring the remaining 13 tablets back without incurring charges for extra weight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement