Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Fantasy Franchise

Options
  • 14-09-2012 5:10pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Please post below if you would be interested in playing in a Madden NFL franchise/connect career using a fantasy draft.

This would involve drafting your entire roster, rather than taking an existing team.

The league would advance once every 7 days, no early advances, we would play 2 seasons. Salary Cap would be turned off.

I'll start a franchise up if there is sufficient interest.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

As you know I'll play and want a fantasy draft.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

adrian522 wrote: »
    Hi,

Please post below if you would be interested in playing in a Madden NFL franchise/connect career using a fantasy draft.

This would involve drafting your entire roster, rather than taking an existing team.

The league would advance once every 7 days, no early advances, we would play 2 seasons. Salary Cap would be turned off.

I'll start a franchise up if there is sufficient interest.

Yeah i'd be up for that. I think 7days and no early advances is a good idea as obviously the "official" boards league would take priority

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Count me in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Me 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Me 4

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭NekoChan

I thought whole reason we werent doing a fantasy league this year was because we couldnt do it though CC?

In saying that I am interested but I dont know of I have the time available for two leagues right now

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭notyalc666

I'm in

I did a fantasy draft the other night and there are some things that could become a problem.
      You only have 45 seconds to make your pick, which might not sound too bad, but when you factor in the loading time of the player selection screen and then more loading time when you move between positional screens, you wend up with 5 seconds if you are lucky.
      The commish can pause the draft but this all adds time, So I would suggest that a 2or 3 minute limit be put on the picks,especially in the first 20 rounds, as these guys would be your starters, but the commish (Adrian, I'm assuming) would have to monitior this. I didn't notice a way to edit the time on the draft screen
      I had to exit out of the CC screen as my player selection screen froze, not a major thing just a pain in the ass. I was also commish and the draft kept going. The whole thing bangs of EA slapping it together with gaffer tape and hoping for the best

Can't think of other problems at the moment but will put them up if I think of them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Raoul

Not sure if I am going to have enough time to do a fantasy draft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ibmax

etloveslsd wrote: »
    I did a fantasy draft the other night and there are some things that could become a problem.
      You only have 45 seconds to make your pick, which might not sound too bad, but when you factor in the loading time of the player selection screen and then more loading time when you move between positional screens, you wend up with 5 seconds if you are lucky.
      The commish can pause the draft but this all adds time, So I would suggest that a 2or 3 minute limit be put on the picks,especially in the first 20 rounds, as these guys would be your starters, but the commish (Adrian, I'm assuming) would have to monitior this. I didn't notice a way to edit the time on the draft screen
      I had to exit out of the CC screen as my player selection screen froze, not a major thing just a pain in the ass. I was also commish and the draft kept going. The whole thing bangs of EA slapping it together with gaffer tape and hoping for the best

Can't think of other problems at the moment but will put them up if I think of them

I partook in one too and some of the problems (along with the above) included:

- lists of players not refreshing when you go to your "scouted" list
    - players not being made available to draft depending on your scheme
    - actual overall of players varying depending on your scheme (some will argue this is "realistic" but i was the Colts and planned on running a 4-3. The Colts scheme is 3-4 so players like JJ Watt appeared as 93 overall while Gerald McCoy was 68 overall. this makes it very difficult to judge when a player will be drafted).
    - regular freezing
    - the fantasy element being removed by teams constantly drafting their own players!!!
    - ending up with Ryan Tannehill as QB
    - the constant pausing of the draft due to all the above

There were only a handful of us involved but it still took more than 3 hours!!! the first 10 rounds took 65 minutes!

If you are to attempt one with 10 people... let alone 32... might i suggest you do it over a number of days or bring a month's supply of Berrocca to keep you going ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

if ye have free teams il play but i wont have time to play my game every week

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Lads, I've realised I won't have time to play in this so not much point in me running it.

If anyone wan't to volunteer to set this up then work away. There shouldn't be much work in it apart from advancing the week every 7 days and posting up fixtures, though Raoul/Santry may say different.

Best of luck to all competing.

Also I'd wait till you have at least 10/12 before starting.

Can you turn CPU trades?

As if one of the players is on autopilot, the CPU will pick up FAs and make trades. So they need to be taken off autopilot before advancing the week and put back on after.

The CPU teams will also make trades and pick up FAs themselves. So what I did last week was I got two guys I know to fill in the last 2 spots in our franchise so the CPU wouldnt make stupid trades.

Maybe there is a simpler way to get around these things. Just make sure you know what you are getting yourself into before signing up to commish.

I'm will to run this if people still want to join, I'll go set it up so just pm me if you want to join and I'll send on the password. Draft will be this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Yeah I'll join, any chance you can pm me the details, no idea how to send a pm on my BB

Lukebray wrote: »
    Yeah I'll join, any chance you can pm me the details, no idea how to send a pm on my BB
    I cant find a way to start a fantasy one..anyone see what i cant??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

In the settings put Fantasy Draft = Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Just start a normal one. Sign everyone up. Then you go to start season, and you start with fantasy draft.

Ok so the league is BRDFD, password is FD. I sent some invites thru the game but not everyone will get one as not everyone is on my friend list, if enough have joined by the weekend ill work on a time for the draft.
    Just join up and pick a team.

• Advertisement

madalig12 wrote: »
    Ok so the league is BRDFD, password is FD. I sent some invites thru the game but not everyone will get one as not everyone is on my friend list, if enough have joined by the weekend ill work on a time for the draft.
    Just join up and pick a team.

This weekend probably isn't the best time to do a draft with the London game on and the bank holiday.

I would love to be part of this but wouldn't want to sign up and then not be able to get my games played.

I know I said I would play, but I don't think I would have the time, so I'll pass for now.

Four teams in so far, anyone else??

Six teams so far, can you pm me when suits you to draft and ill pick a time that suits most, this week obviously.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Im good all this week(evenings),only want to pick a few players then happy to let the CPU take over

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭NekoChan

I would love to join... but I dont have enough hours in day right now sadly..

Lets say Tuesday at 7.30. Any problems let me know

madalig12 wrote: »
    Lets say Tuesday at 7.30. Any problems let me know

I cant do that, have an astro match,i dont mind the CPU picking for me.
    My only request is that I get Locker as QB.. :)

Wednesday at 7.30 is the draft time then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

Is the cap off for this ya

Advertisement