Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thai in Ireland

Options
  • 14-09-2012 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭

Hi,

Have a few Thai friends visiting soon and was wondering if anyone knows of any places that serve Thai food in the Dublin area - anything from restaurants to market stalls/street vendors (if any!). Also, are there any shops that sell any thai-related foodstuffs / ingredients etc? Thanks in advance! :)

JC

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Siam Thai is one I had a meal in a while ago, TBH some of the dishes while claiming to be spicey infusions of thai spices where little better then take-away chinese dishes, nevertheless thus place gets good reviews and seems to be recommended by everyone who eats there.

http://www.siamthai.ie/#/main-welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

As per your thread title - are you really willing to look for ingredients around Ireland? If you are only looking in the Dublin area - let me know & I will move the thread to the Dublin City forum where the locals may be better able to advise you on what is available in the area.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭gmf1024

I tried this place last Friday purely on spec and it was lovely;

www.thaispice.ie

It had a good beer menu including a maisel's weisse.

The Thai Garden in Blanchardstown is quite nice as well but booking is advised as it can get very busy [there doesn't seem to be a website].

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I've been to Thai Spice - cheap, good and tasty. Siam Thai - I haven't been to the Andrews St restaurant in a while but it was very good and you could taste the freshness of the ingredients. Diep in Ranelagh is pretty good too. Baan Thai in Ballsbridge. I was there a couple of times when I worked in the area and it was quite good. Koh off Jervis St is very good as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,386 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Plus 1 for Baan Thai in Ballsbridge. Food is excellent. There is a meal deal currently available on one of the voucher sites if you want to look around.

Kanum is a good take away.

For ingredients you can goto the Oriental Emporium in Jervis Street. They have curry pastes etc for proper Thai food and at a fraction of the cost of a supermarket paste.

I don't know of any stalls, street vendors anymore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

Saba on Clarendon Street is another good place to go. If you want to eat in they also have a take-away (Saba To Go) in Rathmines. Well worth a visit.

They do a set menu from Monday-Thursday i think where 3 courses is 25 i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭finnigan

Hi, my wife is Thai and we were in the Geisha restaurant in Ashtown recently. Herself was very impressed with the food.
    I,d also strongly recommend it ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Foodfanatic

I am half Thai, so have tested a fair few Thai restaurants in Dublin.

Can recommend Koh for modern yet tasty and authentic.

Baan Thai in Ballsbridge - very traditional Thai cuisine.

Have heard good things about Geisha mentioned earlier (it's just by the Ashtown trainstation) but never been myself.

Diep noodle bar is also pretty good and so is Saba, but its been a while since I went. Just had a horrible take away (way too sweet) from Diep af Home in Drumcondra, so will avoid that in the future.

Never eaten at the Mi Thai in Stoneybatter but had some lovely take away from there. One of the best tom yam soups Ive had. The place also always looks full when I drive past, so it's definately on the "to try" list.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

gmf1024 wrote: »
    I tried this place last Friday purely on spec and it was lovely;

www.thaispice.ie

+1 for Thai Spice. Always good!
    Other crackers are Saba, Koh, Siam Thai and Thai Orchid. Diep at Home in Drumcondra is also lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

I like Baan Thai and Diep La Shaker for eat-in and Kanum is really excellent for a take away. I'd avoid Saba at all costs, one of the worst dining experiences ever and the food is appalling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭zzxx

Try Toss'd in CHQ, food is lovely there, good & spicy. Another vote for Baan Thai too. Would love that now actually!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Chili Club for eat in.

Camille for takeaway.

Advertisement