Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SportsHub News

Options
  • 14-09-2012 5:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Reminder for all our customers that if registered for SportsHub, you can stream live games through Setanta Sports. SportsHub is eircom's online sporting channel, bringing you the latest live games, news, results and fixtures from a range of sports and events.

The full schedule is available here. You simply need to register using the eircom account details and away you go. If having any trouble with access, there are some FAQ's on our own forum here.

This Saturday 15/9/12 is Manchester United v Wigan.

220692.jpg

Enjoy! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

Just in case anybody is unaware, the SportHub service that used to stream Setanta has been discontinued since October 31st.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭aka Dus

Just in case anybody is unaware, the SportHub service that used to stream Setanta has been discontinued since October 31st.
    Just noticed that when I went to watch Ireland play v Polad.

Anyone know why? Am at my parent's house and it's their subscription but they didn't mention that they'd been advised it was discontinued. My Dad likes to watch the GAA on it so I'm sure he would have noticed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

aka Dus wrote: »

Anyone know why? Am at my parent's house and it's their subscription but they didn't mention that they'd been advised it was discontinued. My Dad likes to watch the GAA on it so I'm sure he would have noticed.
    More than likely it's to do with the launch of Eircom's e-vision TV service via efibre broadband. Setanta Ireland is part of a basic pack of channels costing €10 a month, so it was unlikely that people that have Eircom NGB broadband would be allowed to view it for free via the Sportshub site. I too was unaware it had gone at the end of October. Went to the Sportshub site a couple of days ago and saw the notice. I think Eircom could have at least emailed it's customers advising of the closure.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭aka Dus

More than likely it's to do with the launch of Eircom's e-vision TV service via efibre broadband. Setanta Ireland is part of a basic pack of channels costing €10 a month, so it was unlikely that people that have Eircom NGB broadband would be allowed to view it for free via the Sportshub site.  I too was unaware it had gone at the end of October. Went to the Sportshub site a couple of days ago and saw the notice.  I think Eircom could have at least emailed it's customers advising of the closure.
    Right. In another thread in this forum an Eircom rep said customers would be notified of any changes in the provision of the service. Don't think anyone told my parents.

A solid reason to move away from Eircom in that house, given the limit on broadband speed etc.

Oh well, back to the streams of dubious legal standing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

More than likely it's to do with the launch of Eircom's e-vision TV service via efibre broadband. Setanta Ireland is part of a basic pack of channels costing €10 a month, so it was unlikely that people that have Eircom NGB broadband would be allowed to view it for free via the Sportshub site.  I too was unaware it had gone at the end of October. Went to the Sportshub site a couple of days ago and saw the notice.  I think Eircom could have at least emailed it's customers advising of the closure.
    Right. In another thread in this forum an Eircom rep said customers would be notified of any changes in the provision of the service. Don't think anyone told my parents.

A solid reason to move away from Eircom in that house, given the limit on broadband speed etc.

Oh well, back to the streams of dubious legal standing.
    Hi aka Dus

Apologies for the inconvenience caused by this, hope you got to see the match :)

Thanks

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement