Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

small civil wedding location in Dublin

Options
  • 14-09-2012 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I recently got engaged and I am wondering what are the alternative venues for civil ceremonies in Dublin? The location would only be used by 10 to 15 persons, but we do not want to use the registration office. Ideal would be to find a very nice (or unusual) venue in Dublin for us to get married in. So are there any suggestions for an small (intimate) location for such a small event?

Many thanks for your suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Glitter

Friends of mine had their civil partnership recently in Dublin Castle. It was gorgeous. There were only about 20 of us there, so even though the room itself is very grand it works well with a small number.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Juicyfruit

Glitter wrote: »
    Friends of mine had their civil partnership recently in Dublin Castle. It was gorgeous. There were only about 20 of us there, so even though the room itself is very grand it works well with a small number.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but just wondering would you know how your Friend went about this, I've just visited the Dublin Castle website and can't seem to find anything on Civil Ceremonies on it..

Thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 92 ✭✭missyb

Hi Try no 11 north great georges street, it has a website, its an intimate wedding venue, very nice photo ops and you could arrange a drinks reception ect there if you wanted

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Might have been City Hall that they meant not Dublin Castle.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Glitter

Borderfox wrote: »
    Might have been City Hall that they meant not Dublin Castle.

Gah, sorry yes, meant City Hall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭abrr1000

We are having a similar wedding - just 10-15 of closest family and friends.
    I'm thinking we might just go to a nice restaurant or for afternoon tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Heres what City Hall looks like
    8C0CE062F4E84729843EB889CFDAA697-0000314346-0002614133-00800L-DB257D034A6D4CF7A4DC90BE1677A37A.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭cute_cow

How about the National Gallery in Dublin? I have to say if I was getting married in Dublin, I would really love this.
    http://www.nationalgallery.ie/en/aboutus/Venue_Hire/Civil_Ceremonies.aspx

However, City Hall looks amazing in that picture!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

what about here:
    http://www.numbersix.ie/site/944/default.aspx

or the Pillar Room in the Rotunda Hospital would also fit the bill.

http://www.for.ie/library/pdf/PillarRoom.pdf

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 groovygirl5

THERE'S a few rooms in the shelbourne really fab for civil cermony.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 degav

Hi, i've checked out the suggestions, very helpful. Would anybody know if there is a list of registered venues in Dublin? Anybody have any ideas??? - thanks

Advertisement