Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Decisions To Be Made

Options
  • 14-09-2012 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭

Two things have now popped up that we need to discuss before I create the league tonight/tomorrow.

1. The accelerated clock currently does not work for human to human games. Will we go ahead with having it turned off for now until a patch is released? Hopefully a patch will be released by the time the regular season starts. Will we go with 6 minute quarters with no acceleration to start with?

2. As you all know, there is a bug currently in CC which if we start with pre existing injuries off, if I touch the game sliders at all, ALL of the injuries that have happened in the season will be wiped. What way do people want to move ahead with this? I don't think it's fair on players missing players all season through injuries that haven't happened when we are playing. Also, as we are now a full league, I don't think we'll need to adjust the sliders at all, just stick it at All Pro and leave it at that.

Let me know what people think.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Leave the games at 8 mins and when the patch comes out we'll be back to normal. Would imagine it'll be fixed soon anyway.

Pre-existing injuries off..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Leave the games at 8 mins and when the patch comes out we'll be back to normal. Would imagine it'll be fixed soon anyway.

Pre-existing injuries off..

I can change the time any time during the season anyways so don't want people trudging through 8 minutes a quarter with no accelerated clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

1) EDIT - Just seen you can change it at any time. Reduce the quarters by 1 minute/2 minutes from the usual.

2) Definitely pre-existing injuries off. There's no need to touch the sliders anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

1. sounds good

2. will injuries be on though ? or will it bug and will no one be able to get injured? If its turns injuries off i think we stick with pre existing injuries

1. sounds good

2. will injuries be on though ? or will it bug and will no one be able to get injured? If its turns injuries off i think we stick with pre existing injuries

Nope it doesn't turn injuries off. All it does is delete all injuries if I was to change any sliders.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Ben.. if you change the sliders for the Q length will that not wipe the injuries?

Ben.. if you change the sliders for the Q length will that not wipe the injuries?

The sliders aren't for quarter length. The sliders are for gameplay. How accurate the QB will be, how often a pick will occur and the likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Does the fake fg not allowed rule overwrite the 'if you wouldnt see it in the nfl' rule due to greenbays play last night or should we have a maximum we can do per season?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Aghh some of us haven't watched the game yet..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

adrian522 wrote: »
    Aghh some of us haven't watched the game yet..

Yeah same. Recording failed and have to watch the sky highlights at 8.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

I agree with both proposals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

madalig12 wrote: »
    Does the fake fg not allowed rule overwrite the 'if you wouldnt see it in the nfl' rule due to greenbays play last night or should we have a maximum we can do per season?

just adding to that...the no huddle is becoming more popular in the NFL. I know the Falcons and Ravens use it quite a lot. Do we need to change the rule because I do see no huddle offense in the middle of the 2nd quarter in the NFL so does that mean i can do that in the franchise?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Sorry to the guys who hadn't seen the game! Agree with both proposals.

Lukebray wrote: »
    just adding to that...the no huddle is becoming more popular in the NFL. I know the Falcons and Ravens use it quite a lot. Do we need to change the rule because I do see no huddle offense in the middle of the 2nd quarter in the NFL so does that mean i can do that in the franchise?

If that's the case we should always be onside kicking, cause the Saints did it to the Colts in The Superbowl a few years back!!!!

I don't think we should change the rules. The reason for the rules is not only to be a sim NFL league but also to not be like the dicks in lobby games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

etloveslsd wrote: »
    If that's the case we should always be onside kicking, cause the Saints did it to the Colts in The Superbowl a few years back!!!!

I don't think we should change the rules. The reason for the rules is not only to be a sim NFL league but also to not be like the dicks in lobby games

No well my point was the no huddle is pretty commonplace nowadays and the reason and NFL team might use it would be the same reason a BFL player would use it. The onside kick is seen only in certain situations. Not really a big deal if it gets changed or not, more of a technicality I suppose :P

Manning has been using no huddle for years

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

I think because the statistics say you should going for it on 4th and 1/2 should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

If it was like NCAA 13 which brings up a quick screen to allow you to quickly change to any play in your playbook when the opponent moves into no huddle then I think it would be fine, but because Madden doesn't allow us to do that (well, from my experience anyway you can only make small adjustments) I wouldn't be a fan of a rule change.

Personally I think it's perfect the way it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Agreed on the 2 Original proposals

No.

Madden does not offer proper no huddle like NCAA so it can't be used.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately lads, the changing of the minutes of quarters causes the injury bug to occur. So we will have to roll with pre existing injuries off. Apologies Pudsy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

SantryRed wrote: »
    Unfortunately lads, the changing of the minutes of quarters causes the injury bug to occur. So we will have to roll with pre existing injuries off. Apologies Pudsy.

Ah sure you're grand, Upshaw is ready for action ;)

League will be set up in the morning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Do not allow No huddle unless final 2 minutes of 1st half or end of game

Do not allow fake anythings

Do not allow onside kicks

If we do the league will degenerate into a farce. This is a game not the real NFL and although it tries to be sim there are certain things that if you allow will destroy the game and make it like playing in the lobbies, which we all want to avoid.

The guys have come up with good rules, they are fine as they are.

SantryRed wrote: »

So we will have pre existing injuries? When is that dated from? I could be loosing DeCastro, my best lineman!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Both proposals sound good.

Rules are fine as they are. If people want otherwise you can find lobby games easily enough

Advertisement