Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change of car/policy type

Options
  • 14-09-2012 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭

Hi I was recently buying a new car and before I went to buy it, I checked out the insurance online. My insurance on my old car was 115 P/M, and the online price I was quoted online for the new car was also 115 P/M. So I decided to change the policy type to Comprehensive and it came back at 135 P/M which is fine.

So I went to change the car the other day and forgot to change the policy type over to comprehensive, my TPFT policy on the new car was 115 P/M as quoted online.

I rang today and asked how much it would be to change the policy too comprehensive, I got quoted 175 P/M. I mean that's a good 50 euro in the difference.

I explained the situation to him down the phone, with what was a rushed conversation BTW. Usual crap fed to me, rate of insurance and that was an online price. What type of non sense is this? The only reason I rang up is because I cannot edit it online, even at I wouldn't be confident it would give me the 135 P/M price. It even suggests online that you edit your policy type if you wanted to , yet there is no option.

I was told to start a new policy ? ? ! Why would I want a new policy ? I have a policy ? If I changed the car in September I expect to get the rate of this month not June or what ever crap I was given.

Am I seriously expected to start a new policy ? Like I am willing to change my policy type and give your company more money, but I am shot down in the process.

Honestly getting sick of been lied to down the phone, you told me before you wouldn't insure my car when you where legal obliged to do (as I had a policy already), I got onto the ombudsman and you soon changed your tune about giving me insurance.

I just really can't get my head around the difference between 135 online and 175 over the phone, because my policy is from June. If I am expected to start a new policy, I will be looking around other sites for quotes and your at risk of losing a customer of 3 years. But going on previous conversations and reading posts on various forums, it's not a concern at your company.

Just needed to vent that.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Liberty Insurance: Clare

Hello msg11,

We would have to have a look at your policy and the changes that were made.

I can arrange for someone to call you back to discuss this to ensure all the details are correct.
    Just PM me your contact details if you would like someone to call you back to discuss this further.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
    Clare

Advertisement