Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What can I do with a receipt?

Options
  • 14-09-2012 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

I have a fairly new 4s, bought it in May. I have everything that originally came with it, including the receipt.

Say I wanted to go into the carphone warehouse shop tomorrow, what could they do for me? I'm not expecting to get all my money back on the spot, but would there be a store credit deal? Would it have to be the same carphone warehouse branch the phone was bought in?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Why are you bringing it back?
    Has the box been opened?

My guess is they will give you nothing for it unless of course you plan on trading it in against another phone on theor shelves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

I was thinking of trading it in and paying the difference for an iPhone 5 in a few weeks. Would that be plausible? I also have ads for the 4s up on gumtree and adverts, just covering all my bases.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

you'll only be able to trade it in against a new phone. i think they give 200 quid for a 16gb.

Right, thanks. I'll keep that as a bit of a last resort then.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

envirofone would give you 265 ........

http://www.envirofone.ie/en-ie/search?search=ipone

• Advertisement

Cool, that's better than 200 anyway. I'll have a look into that, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Fbjm wrote: »
    Cool, that's better than 200 anyway. I'll have a look into that, thanks.

Do not sell a 4S for €265!!!!! You will get at least €300+ easily on adverts.ie etc

I'll hopefully get a good offer on there. I'll wait a week or so then I might fold for €265. Thanks :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I'll hopefully get a good offer on there. I'll wait a week or so then I might fold for €265. Thanks :)

Its a 16gb locked to O2.
    I would personally drop the price to 390 and accept somewhere in and around 350 for the phone.

At 450 sompe people wont even make an offer on it.

Oh, good idea actually. I'll probably do that tomorrow. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Oh, good idea actually. I'll probably do that tomorrow. Thanks.

Mint condition with box and charger average 320 on adverts.

naasrd wrote: »
    Mint condition with box and charger average 320 on adverts.

I'll keep it at 390 for a week and see what happens ;) I'll bring it down after, if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,417 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I'll keep it at 390 for a week and see what happens ;) I'll bring it down after, if needed.

There's only one direction the price of older iPhones is going to go and that is down. If you're greedy and are at the higher end of asking prices then nobody is going to bother making you an offer, the people below you will scoop up the punters looking to buy the older models.

If you have any sense you'll go in with a realistic price with only a small margin for negotiation, that way you have some chance of getting a sale before the floodgates open and the price drops even further.

Don't get left behind.

coylemj wrote: »
    There's only one direction the price of older iPhones is going to go and that is down. If you're greedy and are at the higher end of asking prices then nobody is going to bother making you an offer, the people below you will scoop up the punters looking to buy the older models.

If you have any sense you'll go in with a realistic price with only a small margin for negotiation, that way you have some chance of getting a sale before the floodgates open and the price drops even further.

Don't get left behind.

I just lowered it to 360 there, hoping to see some interest now.

Advertisement