Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need some advice on fans and dust filters for new build

Options
  • 14-09-2012 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I have recently completed a new PC build and I'm looking to add some top quality powerful yet silent fans to the top (exhausting) and the side (intake). I'm determined that I keep everything running in top condition and get the best performance possible.

Now I'm quite new to all this, so any expert advice at all would be greatly appreciated.

I would be looking for a top quality 200mm fan to mount on the side of the case, and an additional 140mm for the top (there is already a stock NZXT fan there which runs at roughly 1200rpm)

In addition to these fans I am looking to purchase some sort of dust filter to combat buildup. I'd like something that will obviously filter the air while keeping airflow restriction at an absolute minimum.

Here is my PC spec

CASE - NZXT phantom 410 (mid tower) white PIC 1Phantom410.jpg
    CPU - Intel® Core™i5 Quad Core Processor i5-3570K (3.4GHz) 6MB Cache
    CPU cooler - Noctua D14
    RAM - 16GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (4 x 4GB KIT)
    GPU - NVIDIA GTX 670 - 4GB: EVGA SC
    DRIVE - 120GB INTEL® 330 SERIES SSD
    PSU - CORSAIR 750W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX750 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE

Looking forward to hearing your advice/opinions!

Comments

Advertisement