Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

flashing nokia 6280

Options
  • 14-09-2012 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,223 ✭✭✭

I just replaced the screen for a friend on this phone, but it has Italian firmware as it used to belong to his Italian ex-GF.

I have googled a fair bit, but I can't find any current links to find english FW for it.

Anybody help? I know its quite an old phone now !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

That is old! Great built phone, must be 8 years old at this stage.

If you connect it to nokia suite, is it not supported cause its to old?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,223 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I think they came out in '05, not sure the age of this one. I don't have a data cable for it, will try to borrow one if I find links to firmware and flashing software.

edit: wiki article says first released Q4 2005

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

A small bit off topic but I have a feeling you guys may know how to do this. As part of my final year project I need to make some custom changes to the Symbian software that runs on my Nokia C6. I need to remove the SMS icon and the Internet icon. The thing is I don't have a clue how to do this or where to start?? Would you guys have any pointers? Is there a tool or piece of software that will allow me to make changes to the firmware file to hide the icons?? I assume I would then have to I this modified file to the phone??

All the best,
    Mark

madmoe wrote: »
    A small bit off topic but I have a feeling you guys may know how to do this. As part of my final year project I need to make some custom changes to the Symbian software that runs on my Nokia C6. I need to remove the SMS icon and the Internet icon. The thing is I don't have a clue how to do this or where to start?? Would you guys have any pointers? Is there a tool or piece of software that will allow me to make changes to the firmware file to hide the icons?? I assume I would then have to I this modified file to the phone??

All the best,
    Mark

If you create a theme you can put different icons in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Davy wrote: »

All the best,
    Mark

If you create a theme you can put different icons in

OK, but I need to modify the firmware directly. You know a tool to do this??

Cheers,
    M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭say_who_now?

OK, but I need to modify the firmware directly. You know a tool to do this??

Cheers,
    M

Advertisement