Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounts & Fun for the sole trader

Options
  • 14-09-2012 6:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭

Just a quick question to see if anyone knows the answer.

I used my personal bank account to purchase an item of equipment for my business, instead of using my business bank account.

Should I still list this transaction in my accounts, or ignore it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭MBateson

Yes, debit the expense or fixed asset account and credit Capital Introduced or similar.

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

As above, or more simply put it in as expenses and re-imburse to your account from the business account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭9wetfckx43j5rg

Thank you. I'm just started to keep accounts/learn how to. I registered for tax this week. Have been operating since Feb, which is when I bought most of my equipment but only properly started really working on the business in august as I was in college. Low scale, one service a week, so hopefully the accounts/tax wouldn't be too complicated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Could you not just write a company cheque to yourself and mark it for the item and to the supplier?

If I buy stock from my own wallet, I get the invoice and write myself a cheque. I bank the cheque but have it allocated to the invoice from the supplier.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭billybunty

Easiest thing is write a cheque from your personal account to cover the cost of it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement