Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Peter Robinson seeks Irish government apology

• 14-09-2012 6:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭

First Minister Peter Robinson has called on the Irish government to apologise for its role in the early years of The Troubles.

Mr Robinson said Irish Prime Minister Enda Kenny should apologise for the role previous governments played in arming and encouraging the IRA.

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-19601447

Thought this was ironic when you consider this is Peter during the troubles:

DUP-Peter-Robinson-WithGun.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Peter Robinson like many politicians in the North is a complete joke.

Its a shame politics in the north will contain politicians of his ilk for the foreseeable future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I thought he would have enough to occupy himself keeping an eye on his wife in case she goes looking for another toyboy instead of telling us down here what we should be doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Does he want to singlehandedly cause more violence? Cause it's sure looking that way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Iris is a lot more interesting, I wonder what she has to say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,529 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Its hard to take him seriously after what his wife got up to...
    Should send inda in trolling him:
    "Now peter...i'll apologize as soon you send your wife down to the dail on an.....em..... 'relationship improvement mission'.
    She has shown to have great relations with catholic people like ourselves, and we would much rather give it to her than to yourself, figuratively speaking, of course...."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

The Irish Government should apologise to us all for their role all through the troubles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Sick of these unionists whinging and their petty games of one upmanship. Wish they'd just **** off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 598 ✭✭✭ncdadam

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Iris is a lot more interesting, I wonder what she has to say.

Gobble gobble gobble!!!

Sorry.....I"ll get me coat.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Happyman42 wrote: »
    The Irish Government should apologise to us all for their role all through the troubles.

But sure moving troops to the border was a huge gesture of solidarity while Belfast was burning and we didn't have a rifle between us :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Just as soon as Unionists issue an unreserved apology for causing the troubles in the first place.

****ing dickhead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Dear Peter Robinson,
    You fuhken started it.

PFO.
    The Irish People.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Peter Robinson can stick his index finger up his bum, and then sit on his elbow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Allow me Enda,

Sorry about that Pete me auld flower.

Hows the missus keepin'??:cool:

He of the mad wife who said gay folk need to see a psychiatrist and made her feel 'sick and nauseous'. Incidentally Iris had her 'breakdown' when the media discovered her affair with a young man just out of boyhood - not when her husband discovered it.

Many of these Unionist politicians harbour attitudes that about a century out of date; is it any wonder they treated Catholics as untermenschen.

Here's to you, Mrs Robinson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Mo Chairde.

Ta an bron Orainn. Ni raibh a fhios againn cad bhi muid a dheanamh againn. Ni tharloidh se aris. Ta suil agam seo a dheanann an trick.

Feicfidh me leith scrap a ghabhail as Bearla nuair a dheanann tu mar an gceanna ar son do chuid Chairde rialtais aontachtach.

Cur glaoch orm roinnt ama.

Do Chairde, Enda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Make it so number 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

I wouldnt be surprised if Enda did tbh

Twould be in keeping with a recent history of watery **** FG leaders when it comes to the north.

Look at this cock-sucker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I think the Irish goverment should apologise for assisting the IRA during the troubles

I think the unionists should apologise for their role in the troubles

I think the republicans should apologise for their role in the troubles

I think the British government should apologise for their role in the troubles

Everybody should be sorry for what happened during the troubles.

• Advertisement

And what assistance was that? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

I think the unionists should apologise for CAUSING the troubles

FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

We should apologise, but with our fingers crossed behind our backs, sniggering.

A false apology is nothing I do it all the the time and I am really sorry but that is the way I am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

I for one would be all for apologising to Mr Robinson, but only if I'd just parked my van on his chest by errr, "accident".

FYP
    while you were doing it why did you not get rid of the IN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭jhegarty

I think the Irish goverment should apologise for assisting the IRA during the troubles

I think the unionists should apologise for their role in the troubles

I think the republicans should apologise for their role in the troubles

I think the British government should apologise for their role in the troubles

Everybody should be sorry for what happened during the troubles.

Or we should just all get together and make an agreement to stop blowing up each other, put the past behind us and move on.

I suggest doing it on Good Friday. Pubs are closed may as well make use of the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Thought this was ironic when you consider this is Peter during the troubles:

DUP-Peter-Robinson-WithGun.jpg

Maybe he never fired it? Apparently no one up there did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

jhegarty wrote: »
    Or we should just all get together and make an agreement to stop blowing up each other, put the past behind us and move on.

I suggest doing it on Good Friday. Pubs are closed may as well make use of the day.
    we could call it "an Agreement". Sounds like a runner. Why did someone put up a picture of an Elvis impersonator with an AK47??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

*snigger*

Peter Robinson and his fellow unionist croneys failed to cleanse the north of the 2nd class little irish men and women.

Now nearly 20 years later he wants an apology from US?

Mr. Robinson, kindly **** OFF.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

maybe enda should apologise when peter repaints clontibret ...one good humiliation deserves another:cool::p

Christ!
    You've just ruined my weekend.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭TOMP

Have yet to hear of any Unionist apology for gerrymandering which led to civil rights which led to etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Strawberry Fields

Yes Mr Robinson we are yet to apologise for altering our constitution to accomodate you in the North.

I suggest a love ulster parade on O'connell street with you as the guest of honour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Dear Peter,

Up the Ra.

Love, Enda.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭pjmn

Quote:
    First Minister Peter Robinson has called on the Irish government to apologise for its role in the early years of The RobinsonTroubles.

Mr Robinson said Irish Prime Minister Enda Kenny should apologise for the role previous governments played in arming and encouraging the IrisRobinsonAdultry.

Jazus we get blamed for everything!

TOMP wrote: »
    Have yet to hear of any Unionist apology for gerrymandering which led to civil rights which led to etc etc

reinstated.

Lets not forget the farcical Robinson led "invasion" of the south

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭bluecode

Seriously, I thought Robinson was the pragmatist. Why doesn't he ask his deputy minister for an apology?

Frankly, and I speak as a virulent anti IRA person. It's long overdue for the Unionists/Loyalists to apologise for provoking a situation with their bigotry that led to years of bloody violence.

They do not live on the moral high ground. They caused this situation. Let them apologise for their bitter bigotry over the years.

Well said Peter Robinson. The Irish Republic has a lot to answer for in its role during the war of Republican aggression. The covering up of support for Republican aggressors being sent into Ulster is unacceptable and no doubt the truth will come out sooner or later. Thankfully patriots like Peter Robinson are prepared to stand up to the corrupt state of the Irish Republic.

Well done on the Kingsmill victims still seeking justice for the Republican aggressors butchering of 10 Protestant patriots.
    Hello again keith

• Advertisement

Well said Peter Robinson. The Irish Republic has a lot to answer for in its role during the war of Republican aggression. The covering up of support for Republican aggressors being sent into Ulster is unacceptable and no doubt the truth will come out sooner or later. Thankfully patriots like Peter Robinson are prepared to stand up to the corrupt state of the Irish Republic.

Well done on the Kingsmill victims still seeking justice for the Republican aggressors butchering of 10 Protestant patriots.

If you're being serious that's laughable. If you're taking the piss its not right to mention the Kingsmill victims in the same post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

No way, no apology. Peter and big Ian and other Unionist leaders should apologise for treating the Catholics as 2nd class citizens and creating the basis for the troubles in the first place. Also wasn't he involved is some sort of paramilitary org in the 70's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Hello again keith
    He is fond of his historical army generals alright!

Although Keith hates Robinson... one of the few things we agreed on was that Irish Protestants were let down by the DUP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Keith, I'd advise you to look up the meaning of the word "patriot". Sticking "Protestant" in front of it is a bit of an oxymoron.

Keith's back...deadly.:D

A Major General James Wolfe this time...we are honoured.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

First Minister Peter Robinson has called on the Irish Government to apologize for its role in the early years of the troubles.............. ?? :confused:
    The Irish Government in the 70s with the likes of Conor Cruise O'Brien, and blueshirts Cosgrave, Paddy Donegan and Paddy Cooney were the biggest Unionists of all!!

Originally Posted by James Wolfe

Using the massacre of 10 innocent men (who tried to hide a Catholic because they thought it was a 'loyalist' ambush) to score political points is truly ****ing disgusting.

Nasty little boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

I can't believe that Robinson has the audacity to demand an apology from the Irish Government for Paramilitary Collusion!

The History of collusion between Loyalist and British Security Forces is truly embarrassing. Despite this, we will never hear Robinson even mention it, let alone apologize for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Rigol

Peter Robinson seeks Irish government apology

Peter Robinson seeks slap across face with my flacid member

• Advertisement
Advertisement