Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oily eyelids

• 14-09-2012 7:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking for some suggestions on how to keep my eyeshadow from creasing on my lids?

Every day, about maybe an hour or two after applying eye shadow, I find it has creased and 'moved' into the creases on my lids, which, lets be honest, isn't a good look.

I've tried the primer potion and found it useless. I've heard good things about the NARS primer and the Too face primer, but as I've never used or tested any of them I don't know what they are really like and I am terrified of spending a load of money on them and then having the same problem.

Any suggestions on how to shop my shadow from creasing?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

Have you tried the Mac paint pots? The colour painterly is a good skin tone shade. I find it works for me, coming from someone who wasnt that impressed with primer potion ! You could go into Mac ask to try some on your eyes and then walk around for a while and see how it lasts before purchasing. There's also the Maybelline colour tattos which are supposed to be a dupe for the Mac ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

gillapino wrote: »
    Have you tried the Mac paint pots? The colour painterly is a good skin tone shade. I find it works for me, coming from someone who wasnt that impressed with primer potion ! You could go into Mac ask to try some on your eyes and then walk around for a while and see how it lasts before purchasing. There's also the Maybelline colour tattos which are supposed to be a dupe for the Mac ones.
    I do have that paint pot and again find it creases on me.

All eye shadows, cream or powder all crease on me.

Even when I don't wear eye shadow and just have foundation on even my foundation creases and I know it's cos my lids are oily.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

i dab on a little foundation before doing my eyes up,and also some foundation powder so it sits on my eye lids for longer..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

i dab on a little foundation before doing my eyes up,and also some foundation powder so it sits on my eye lids for longer..
    I do put foundation on my eyes, and my shadow/foundation still creases on my eye lids.

I use a powder to set my foundation and it makes no difference either.

Advertisement