Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative leaving certificate schools/colleges

• 14-09-2012 7:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Was just wondering if anyone could advise me in something. I completed an LCA in 2011 which I am very proud of and really enjoyed the problem is its not getting me where I want to go in life. I have completed a FETAC Level 5 course and I am now doing my level 6, this is veterinary nursing but I was to be a vet.

I had been out of school for a long period before I went back to do my LCA and it was the best option for me at the time. I am certainly not adverse to sitting the Leaving Cert but I don't know where to go. I have looked at VTOS centres but I have been told that they don't do higher level subjects which is what I would need to do in order to get the points.

I can't afford tutorial colleges and I am financially independent of my parents, they wouldn't have it to give it to me anyway. Does anyone know of any alternative place in which I could sit my leaving cert that higher level subjects. I feel that I could do a good leaving cert and even if I don't get the points in Ireland it would open doors for me elsewhere in the UK or in Europe. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It's not true that VTOS centres do not do higher level. They do whatever the students are able for.

You should talk to your local VEC Adult Education Officer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

spurious wrote: »
    It's not true that VTOS centres do not do higher level. They do whatever the students are able for.

You should talk to your local VEC Adult Education Officer.

Really? That's brilliant, I will get onto them so. Thank you very much, you have just made my day :)

Advertisement