Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which rods

Options
  • 14-09-2012 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi.i don't know Which rod what I will get. Sage flight ,vision cult ,Sage.vantage,Orvis Clearwater 2 fly rod.if u had any experience with any of these rods please tell me.thank u

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Pedalstool

Eriesniper wrote: »
    Hi.i don't know Which rod what I will get. Sage flight ,vision cult ,Sage.vantage,Orvis Clearwater 2 fly rod.if u had any experience with any of these rods please tell me.thank u

I have a Sage Vantage Eriesniper. Its a very nice rod. Great quality, tough and comes in a nice tube.

It's a medium to fast action rod so its easy to use.

I have no experience with any of the other rods mentioned so I don't know how it compares.

Would I spend so much on a rod again? Probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

To be honest they are all very good quality makes but only you will know which one will suit your own style of fishing and casting. If where you are buying has a facility to allow you to try before you buy I would give every one of them a good work out before committing to one

• Registered Users Posts: 38 steel header

I have the Clearwater II as a backup rod in a 10' 7wt. Its a decent rod, though a bit rigid and stiff. They were discontinued by Orvis in the spring, when they came out with a new and better version of the Clearwater.

Advertisement