Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrades with Vodafone

Options
  • 14-09-2012 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭

I'm not due an upgrade for another year or so (I understand that officially your contract has to be up before you're due one), but I had heard there can occasionally be some flexibility. A guy working in a Vodafone ship told me that they'll consider it once 75% of the contract is done (for me that's in about 6 months' time).

Anyone got an experience with this? What factors into it, etc? Is there anything you can do to speed it up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭KingOfFairview

I'm not due an upgrade for another year or so (I understand that officially your contract has to be up before you're due one), but I had heard there can occasionally be some flexibility. A guy working in a Vodafone ship told me that they'll consider it once 75% of the contract is done (for me that's in about 6 months' time).

Anyone got an experience with this? What factors into it, etc? Is there anything you can do to speed it up?
    anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭KingOfFairview

Come on folks. Has not one poster ever tried to get an upgrade with Vodafone before their contract was up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

I would suggest asking the people who actually know. i.e. Vodafone.

If you'd rather not ring them, try here - http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1270 .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

There is no such thing as an upgrade from Vodafone. You get nothing for being an existing customer, they offer the same "upgrades" to brand new customers.

It's all just a way to lock you into signing another contract. Any deals they offer you also get offered to everyone else.

Advertisement