Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying fees late

Options
  • 14-09-2012 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

So it turns out I should not have listened to my mate about the deadline for the fees. Lesson learned. He told me it was sometime in October and I believed him. Turns out it was the 9th of September.

So I have the money, that's not the problem. The problem is I have to transfer it out of a foreign bank account (which I have already done) and officially it could take 3 to 5 days to arrive on my Irish account (although on occasion it has taken 7 days in the past).

So by the earliest I'll be able to pay the fees on Monday.

Will this be a problem? It says on the UCD late fees page that it is possible there will be extra fees for being late. Will this apply to me or am I not that late yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

There's a lot of bluster when it comes to late fees. They usually just threaten to shut off your access to the library, but even then it doesn't happen. Being fined? First I've heard of that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

You'll be grand getting them in within the next few days. There was an email sent out about a fine of €250 if you haven't confirmed registration by the 21st, and I'm not entirely sure if that just means going on & registering or if it means fees need to be paid too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Muir wrote: »
    You'll be grand getting them in within the next few days. There was an email sent out about a fine of €250 if you haven't confirmed registration by the 21st, and I'm not entirely sure if that just means going on & registering or if it means fees need to be paid too.

Really? Didn't get anything, when was it sent?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Really? Didn't get anything, when was it sent?

Was sent on the 13th

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

Yeah, the 13th titled 'Confirm your Registration'.

• Advertisement
Advertisement