Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biology Ecology

• 14-09-2012 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hey guys im writing notes on ecology and i was just wobdering what do you need to know about the factors? (Abiotic, Biotic etc) in my book theres a big box for each of them with lots of info (Abiotic - Altitude with loads of info on it)I know im not being very clear but I hope you understand what im trying to say. thanks :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭amyleaving

As far as i know the most you could be asked is to name 3 or four factors in the ecosystem you studied - understand it so explain what altitude is in about one line or two and how you measured it , it can't be a long question :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭BL1993

The best abiotic factors are soil temperature, air temperature and soil pH. Just learn those 3 and how they were measured if you are doing a Woodland/Grassland study.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 taptap22

BL1993 wrote: »
    The best abiotic factors are soil temperature, air temperature and soil pH. Just learn those 3 and how they were measured if you are doing a Woodland/Grassland study.

Soil pH would be an edaphic factor :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

taptap22 wrote: »
    Soil pH would be an edaphic factor :)

You can use it for abiotic too! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 TheFlayedMan

Yes, but Soil pH comes under the sub-heading of an edaphic factor, which is an abiotic factor.

• Advertisement
Advertisement