Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Culture Night 21 September 2012

Options
  • 14-09-2012 9:15pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭

This was a roaring success last year.
    There will be a ridiculous choice of events happening on Friday. This includes the Retro Computer Museum, orchestras, dancing, cooking, theatre, paintings, all types of singing, clay-making, printing..

http://www.galwayculturenight.com/

Last year, BusÉireann had a reduced fare service so you could run around to all the events, not sure about this time.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Guess what there is a bus and it is FREE!
    Stopping close to all the vuenues, the service runs on the hour every hour from 5.30 pm (first bus) to 9.30 pm (last bus).
    The first stop is Walter Macken Place, leaving at 5.30pm, 6.30, 7.30, 8.30 and 9.30, stopping at Old Mervue Terminus (opposite the shops), the Tuam Road inward bound (opposite the Renault dealers), and on to Eyre Square, stopping at the AIB and continuing to the stop opposite Jury's (outward bound at the Spanish Arch), and on to the Galway Techinical Institute, the Aquarium and Leisureland. Then to the DERI building in Dangan, over the Corrib to Ballinfoile Mews and Ballybane Church.
    http://galwayculturenight.com/dp.php?c=getting-to-culture-night&id=6&t=getting-to-culture-night

If anyone has any particular recommedations on what to see, let us know

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

snubbleste wrote: »
    Guess what there is a bus and it is FREE!
    Stopping close to all the vuenues, the service runs on the hour every hour from 5.30 pm (first bus) to 9.30 pm (last bus).
    The first stop is Walter Macken Place, leaving at 5.30pm, 6.30, 7.30, 8.30 and 9.30, stopping at Old Mervue Terminus (opposite the shops), the Tuam Road inward bound (opposite the Renault dealers), and on to Eyre Square, stopping at the AIB and continuing to the stop opposite Jury's (outward bound at the Spanish Arch), and on to the Galway Techinical Institute, the Aquarium and Leisureland. Then to the DERI building in Dangan, over the Corrib to Ballinfoile Mews and Ballybane Church.
    http://galwayculturenight.com/dp.php?c=getting-to-culture-night&id=6&t=getting-to-culture-night[/QUOTE]

Wow! A Bus Éireann city service over the Quin... bridge. That's a first, I think.

Don't get your hopes up. It does not say the service will actually use the Quinncentary Bridge.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

I'm running the Willow exhibition in the Youth Cafe, and showing a documentary at it. Think some people would be really interested in the work we're trying to do there! Pop down if you have some time free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Is there a timetable of what's happening anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Check the links above. Schedule there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

They usually do up a flyer with a proper, grid timetable on it though, right? I'm fairly sure I had one last year, but I've no idea where I got it from

• Registered Users Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

There are flyers in most pubs, Arts Centre etc.

Advertisement