Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

is there any app that you can put a lock on message folder ?

• 14-09-2012 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

hi
    as the title states really is there any way of putting a lock on your message folder ? or an app that does it ?

looking for something like the way the keylock works for the phone , but when you unlock the phone im looking for the same kind of method to access the message folder !!!

any info appreciated , thanks ;)

also its an iphone 4s ..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

don't think there is unless you're jailbroken

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Maybe hide it in a folder somewhere a couple of pages down if you dont want prying eyes to go in there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Tazium

NIALL D wrote: »
    hi
    as the title states really is there any way of putting a lock on your message folder ? or an app that does it ?

looking for something like the way the keylock works for the phone , but when you unlock the phone im looking for the same kind of method to access the message folder !!!

any info appreciated , thanks ;)

also its an iphone 4s ..

AppLocker from the Cydia store. A great app and pin protects any app or folder for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

Tazium wrote: »
    AppLocker from the Cydia store. A great app and pin protects any app or folder for you.

cheers , that would mean i have to jailbreak though ..
    is it really worth jailbreaking an iphone ? is there much extra that can be done than say standard apple software ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

is it really worth jailbreaking an iphone ? is there much extra that can be done than say standard apple software ??

YES! Not worth having an iPhone unless you jailbreak it IMO. I've done it with every iPhone I've had so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Only idiots jailbreak an iPhone. It opens your iPhone to a galaxy of malware and other crap and leaves you with no protection. All for a few dodgy apps from very dodgy sources that are not check by anyone ... look over at the android store where this happens and look at the hundreds of apps that have been discovered to have been stealing codes, VISA details, personal details etc. Jailbreak apps are totally indian country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Piliger wrote: »
    Only idiots jailbreak an iPhone. It opens your iPhone to a galaxy of malware and other crap and leaves you with no protection. All for a few dodgy apps from very dodgy sources that are not check by anyone ... look over at the android store where this happens and look at the hundreds of apps that have been discovered to have been stealing codes, VISA details, personal details etc. Jailbreak apps are totally indian country.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Tazium

It's a choice to do it. Like rooting an Andriod device.

There are benefits and pitfalls in doing so, you can educate yourself a little to be aware of poor sources, malicious software or dodgy apps. There's no difference for any other platform.

But an idiot? Really :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Well, for a start, you put a lock on your message folder....

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Only an idiot would make this post. Do you don't jailbreak because you're paranoid someone really wants to give you power to screw up your own phone? If you jailbreak you probably are more likely to mess up your iPhone, but that's only if you are an idiot. At the end of the day no matter what happens, hook it up to iTunes, click restore = no more problems.
    I it's not worth jail breaking then why do apple take these jailbreak tweaks and make them standard in every single iOS update they do???

Here's an article listing just some of the jailbreak tweaks that inspired apple in ios5!

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2011/06/15/jailbreak-features-ios-5/

To the op, locktopus is another jailbreak tweak for locking any individual app with a pin code.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

jarvis wrote: »
    Only an idiot would make this post. Do you don't jailbreak because you're paranoid someone really wants to give you power to screw up your own phone? If you jailbreak you probably are more likely to mess up your iPhone, but that's only if you are an idiot. At the end of the day no matter what happens, hook it up to iTunes, click restore = no more problems.
    I it's not worth jail breaking then why do apple take these jailbreak tweaks and make them standard in every single iOS update they do???

Here's an article listing just some of the jailbreak tweaks that inspired apple in ios5!

To the op, locktopus is another jailbreak tweak for locking any individual app with a pin code.

Well

I have JB my phone many times to get extra stuff...only to find apps that crash and stick the phone in Safe mode...causing a lot of grief

I only ever used SB Settings and lockinfo....and dont feel I need them any more.

Other than changing icons , themes etc , I found I rarely used any other apps and due to OS changes some apps take a long time to catch up.

So I decided to restore to default and carry on....

and I defo ain't stupid....so my mam says and I know her..but don't know any of ye..

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

And there was me thinking the thick posts were reserved for the iPhone 5 thread......:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

jarvis wrote: »

Well

I have JB my phone many times to get extra stuff...only to find apps that crash and stick the phone in Safe mode...causing a lot of grief

I only ever used SB Settings and lockinfo....and dont feel I need them any more.

Other than changing icons , themes etc , I found I rarely used any other apps and due to OS changes some apps take a long time to catch up.

So I decided to restore to default and carry on....

and I defo ain't stupid....so my mam says and I know her..but don't know any of ye..
    There's a lot of packages in cydia that are only compatible with older iPhones and firmwares so obviously they won't work. The only time I ended up in safe mode was by trying to install a cracked app. Mywi to be specific

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There are several in App Store if you search "protect sms".

The main reason to jailbreak is to be able to install apps that hasn't been vetted by Apple. It's fine as long as you do some research online before installing any new app.

I unjailbroke my phone for a day a while back but couldn't live without some of the cydia apps so broke it again :D

Advertisement