Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JUNIOR CERT ENGLISH RESULTS

Options
  • 14-09-2012 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Have been talking to people from other schools and there seems to be a few people disappointed with their English Higher Level results - results are down in three schools I spoke to - was wondering whether other people have experienced a lower grade than expected by themselves and their teachers.

I know the national statistics are the same as in previous years, but was the correcting done fairly across the board?

Comments please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭ImRebecca

I got an A in English and I usually get Bs so in my opinion it was nicely marked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

I got a B which is better than what I had expected to get, tbh. I got a B (well, 84%, so it was bumped to an A by my teacher) in the Mocks I so was happy with it...

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭IrishLoriii

Got 83% in the Mocks (Highest in my class by far) and got a C in the real thing

• Registered Users Posts: 12 FluffyDelusion

I'm kind of annoyed with my English JC. Got a B and usually got A's. On the other hand, the A's were usually in the 80's so maybe the B was just on the wrong side of 85. Delighted with the rest of my results though and I'm just gonna try harder with English for next time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 d123

I was very disappointed with my English result aswell - I received a B in higher and usually I'm an A1 candidate. Not one person in our class received an A in English which is very strange - considering our school is usually in the top ten in leaving certificate English... Anyone going to recheck though?? (I am)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Emliee

I hoped for an A lol I had been getting a's recently in class and everything
    but I know it's very hard to get them so I wasn't too disappointed with my B

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭EatRowSleep

I got an A in English and normally get Bs and even the odd C.. So in my opinion it was marked well! But I've heard of people who get As and Bs getting Cs and Ds.. Well see when marking schemes come up I guess..

Advertisement