Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 year fixed term account- safest place to put my money and get a good interest rate

Options
  • 15-09-2012 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am a bit lost and don't want to be taken advantage of by banks- I have a lump sum of money that I want to put in a 1 year fixed term account. I won't be touching it so I don't need to worry about penalties. Went into BOI today and I wasn't impressed with the interest rates, down from 3.75 (what I got last year) to 2.5% so I want to shop around. Permanent TSB seem to be offering 3.5%, and I haven't been able to figure out other people's rates. I also want my money to be safe (seriously, I am doomed if something bad happens to it) Has anyone any advice on what I should do?
    Any advice, I would consider investing it in gold or something even!

Comments

Advertisement