Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Citroen C4 GP clutch gone.

• 15-09-2012 8:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭

Yesterday our '08 Grand Picasso starting acting up.
    Juddery feeling in clutch, screeching on pedal movement.
    Clutch is going to need replacing.
    It's booked in for investigations for Monday morning with Citroen.

Anyone any idea what cost I should be expecting ?
    Presuming a clutch kit and labour for fitting.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Diesel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Diesel?

Yep.
    1.6 HDI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

Sounds like the clutch release bearing has collapsed.

Unfortunately it is a very big job on these, book time is 9.6 hours.

Multiply that by the main dealer labour rate and you are looking at a pretty big bill.

If I were you I would take it to a good independent garage. You will save up to €500 on labour alone by going the independent route.

For reference our price for that job would be €750 for clutch kit change or €1150 if the dual mass flywheel also needs replacing. Let us know what the main dealer comes back with as I would be interested to know.

Sounds like the clutch release bearing has collapsed.

Unfortunately it is a very big job on these, book time is 9.6 hours.

Multiply that by the main dealer labour rate and you are looking at a pretty big bill.

If I were you I would take it to a good independent garage. You will save up to €500 on labour alone by going the independent route.

For reference our price for that job would be €750 for clutch kit change or €1150 if the dual mass flywheel also needs replacing. Let us know what the main dealer comes back with as I would be interested to know.

Oh dear :eek:
    Monday will tell the story..
    Ill have them check it and ring me with a price...

Right I'm back.

Main dealer called there and as expected the release bearing is collapsed, he recommends fitting a clutch kit.
    Good news is that he quoted me €465 including parts, labour and the dreaded vat.
    He's also supplying a courtesy car which will take us out of a hole with one car off the road.

• Advertisement

Good news. The book time is obviously wrong for these so! Thanks for letting us know the outcome ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Book it in quickly. Very good price from a Main Dealer.
    I paid a (Very good) Independant €485 for the same job on a Xsara Picasso.
    Labour is the biggest cost on these as accessibility is minimal under the bonnet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 host_found

Right I'm back.

Main dealer called there and as expected the release bearing is collapsed, he recommends fitting a clutch kit.
    Good news is that he quoted me €465 including parts, labour and the dreaded vat.
    He's also supplying a courtesy car which will take us out of a hole with one car off the road.

bbam - Which dealer did you go to? How satisfied are you wiht the workmanship?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Irishhacker

That was a while ago.. A Friend's C4 clutch went in the last week. He is quoted €1,400 minimum... Doed that sound right?

That was a while ago.. A Friend's C4 clutch went in the last week. He is quoted €1,400 minimum... Doed that sound right?

Bit steep.

Since I posted above we have done a few. They aren't all that bad. Around €950 iirc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

Georges price is abit more realistic....Parts alone work out around €550 which includes a full clutch kit and dual mass flywheel.

Advertisement