Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beersmith help - Water Volumes

Options
  • 15-09-2012 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm doing an American Blonde Ale BIAB today using my 33 litre boiler.

I'm trying out Beersmith and I've set up my profile and selected the 'full boil BIAB' option in the mash settings.

So it is a 3.4kg grain bill, 18 litre batch, and it is telling me I need 27.65 litres of water in total but that I need to add 29.21qt of water for the mash?!

That works out at 33 litres. Does that just equal my BIAB vessel?

So I go with 27.65 litres and add the grain?

Apologies for my total ignorance but I thought I would ask you guys and gals because you were a great help with my last problem! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

scrapsmac wrote: »
    and it is telling me I need 27.65 litres of water in total but that I need to add 29.21qt of water for the mash?!

That works out at 33 litres.
    29.21 imperial quarts is 33L
    29.21 US quarts is 27.65L

This is why I usually avoid any non metric recipes, the whole thing really irritates me.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭scrapsmac

rubadub wrote: »
    scrapsmac wrote: »
    and it is telling me I need 27.65 litres of water in total but that I need to add 29.21qt of water for the mash?!

That works out at 33 litres.
    29.21 imperial quarts is 33L
    29.21 US quarts is 27.65L

This is why I usually avoid any non metric recipes, the whole thing really irritates me.

Cheers rubadub! That makes alot of sense. Now I feel like an ejit haha

Advertisement