Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sunderland V Liverpool 15th September KO 5:30pm (ESPN)

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Dirty from Larsson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Weird from the commentator "The referee is going to add on an extra minute for Reinas delay".
    How does he specifically know its one minute; could be two minutes, could be zero, could be half a minute and add it to another half minute stoppage.
    Or are ESPN privy to some ref/linesman conversation?

Sterling is v strong for his size.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Liverpool are playing well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Sterling really impressing me today.

He also seems a lot stronger than he looks, he's well able to hold off players.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

have to say it's been a pretty poor game with 2 poor sides on display today, both capable of so much better than this dross. On the positive it won't be the worst game on MOTD, norwich - west ham have that in the bag!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Lucky to only get a yellow. When he realised that he was not going to catch him he lifted his legs up higher to make sure he caught him. Dangerous play could have been a reasonable shout from the ref.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Before his injury problems Campbell would have raced straight through on goal there. Nice lad, but like Bramble another one we need to move on from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Sessegnon has been really poor today by his standards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

murpho999 wrote: »
    Sterling really impressing me today.

He also seems a lot stronger than he looks, he's well able to hold off players.

Sterling has played well, especially later in the second half... I disagree about him being strong as he's been muscled off the ball a few times..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Gardner and Rose could easily both be on yellows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

mada999 wrote: »
    Sterling has played well, especially later in the second half... I disagree about him being strong as he's been muscled off the ball a few times..

Only time I saw that happen was when Larsson got the yellow!

cambo2008 wrote: »

Didn't play any preseason game. Miles off the pace. Will take him a few weeks to catch up.

Paully D wrote: »

Didn't play any preseason game. Miles off the pace. Will take him a few weeks to catch up.
    Ah right,looks way off the pace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

have to say it's been a pretty poor game with 2 poor sides on display today, both capable of so much better than this dross. On the positive it won't be the worst game on MOTD, norwich - west ham have that in the bag!

Liverpool have actually played fairly decently IMO. Just lack a cutting edge up front (which is another story) but they created some good chances and controlled 90% of the game.

Sunderland have actually been fairly poor. Scored from basically their only chance of the game. Expected them to be a lot more forceful especially at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

i really fear for what will happen v utd next week

Assistant bottled that because of who was shouting at him. **** off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

From an Irish perspective, "McClaine" has been brilliant. O'Shea not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

murpho999 wrote: »
    mada999 wrote: »

Only time I saw that happen was when Larsson got the yellow!
    Nah there was a few other times he was muscled off it, wouldn't worry too much about it at 17!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Yeah, we will play great and probably win then back to the massive struggle of putting away the weaker teams again.

• Advertisement

cmon now!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

We'll win 3-0 before getting our arses handed to us by Norwich the following week

Yakult got there first

Good point on paper but you would have to say that's 2 dropped considering Sunderland offered so little.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Very emotional week for Liverpool and a tough away game. Good point and you are out of the bottom 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Liverpool were excellent imo in the 2nd half, didn't see the first one

Yakult wrote: »
    Yeah, we will play great and probably win then back to the massive struggle of putting away the weaker teams again.

wouldnt surprise me at all but i think we are in for a hiding.... something i have never before thought going to play utd

Happy with that. Poor performance against a decent team and we've ended up with a point. Still unbeaten this season after tough games against Arsenal and Swansea away and Liverpool at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

nuxxx wrote: »
    Liverpool were excellent imo in the 2nd half, didn't see the first one
    They were good, far from excellent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

mike65 wrote: »
    Subject to the line ups being confirmed I'll go for a hideous draw.

and so it came to pass.

An away point at Sunderland is objectively a decent result but "meh" remains the feeling nonetheless. Not a game that shall live in the memory.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Some positives in our over all play. Dominated with ease but the goals are still dried up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

wouldnt surprise me at all but i think we are in for a hiding.... something i have never before thought going to play utd

Nah,it's ye're cup final you game raising feckers:pac:

If United play like they did in the first half today,it'll be one boring game next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Players must have not been shown the Hillsborough report. Only possible explanation for not winning that game.

Morzadec wrote: »
    Players must have not been shown the Hillsborough report. Only possible explanation for not winning that game.
    Not being good enough to score enough being another.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Just in case it wasn't clear, my comment was very very much tongue in cheek

Fair enough,it wasn't clear to me anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Possession 34% - 66%
    Corners 2 - 7
    Goal attempts 7 - 23
    On target 1 - 6
    Fouls 18 - 12
    Offside 1 - 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

jenno86 wrote: »
    If we dont win today, these threads have to stop! Luckycharm me arse!

No more match threads :(

nDFddl.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Impressive performance.

Not entirely sure what Skrtel is at this season though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Same ol same ol.

Maybe we should've just not bothered with a manager, used the money saved for a striker and saw how we got on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Next time, bite your tongue instead. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Ended up watching this game as it was on TV (unfortunately).

Arguably one of the worst games I've seen in quite a while.

Two teams looked desperate going forward - little conviction or penetration.

Liverpool heavily reliant on a 17 year old to spark life into their attack while SAFC tried finding McClean when he was clearly anonymous throughout the 90.

Most of the game was played by LFC & their attempted passing game.
    Going to take some time before Rodgers gets things right with that team he has on his hands - I just hope he is indeed given time.

All in all, based on that, those two will be battling it out for a decent middtable finish but of course it's only 3 games in so I expect a massive improvement (especially from LFC) by the end of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

The first half was unbelievably frustrating, hollywood balls galore and they could barely string one pass together. 2nd half was a slight improvement but not by much. Horrendous performance in my humble opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    From an Irish perspective, "McClaine" has been brilliant. O'Shea not so much.

Other way around for me. I thought McClean was crab like and O'Shea defended very well apart from one moment in the first half when he sold himself but there was sufficient cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

Lee Cattermole MOTM for me, provided a great screen in front of the back 4. Or Sterling who had a great second half.

Advertisement