Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Utd vs Wigan 3:00 Old trafford Setanta

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Likewise. Did not hear it, I assumed the people on here who mentioned it without referencing the fact that they read it on Twitter actually heard it themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Why are there Utd fans having a go at rarnes for acknowledging scummy chants? FFS, lads

What is the point in discussing them? Better off ignoring them, like all in this thread except you 2 are doing. If you want to discuss them I would find somewhere else as I'm positive everyone here finds them unbelivably stupid and has no interest in identifying with a group of uneducated arseholes.

• Site Banned Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Ares

My problem is, the 2 of ye have no interest in talking about the game, from what I've seen, talking about chanting. Im not saying its not happening, but all we're doing is talking about the match in here.

We all know that theres scumbags out there. As have been discussed many times. Each team has em.

Thats what my problem is. If I went into the liverpool match thread later and talked only about Suarezs diving(should it happen), I'd get called out for it.

And just to say, I haven't heard it myself. Thats not to say its not happening though.

Its obviously a major talking point.

If the chants are loud enough to be heard on tv then its clearly quite a vocal section of the crowd singing it. Its not exactly an isolated incident when it comes to fans of Manchester United. The whole 'its only a minority' is hard to believe..

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭The Radiator

My problem is, the 2 of ye have no interest in talking about the game, from what I've seen, talking about chanting. Im not saying its not happening, but all we're doing is talking about the match in here.

We all know that theres scumbags out there. As have been discussed many times. Each team has em.

Thats what my problem is. If I went into the liverpool match thread later and talked only about Suarezs diving(should it happen), I'd get called out for it.

And just to say, I haven't heard it myself. Thats not to say its not happening though.

I've been posting about the match from KO, I saw some tweets which said there was chanting from some sections of the Man Utd support and asked if anyone here heard it. I don't see why you're acting as though we're accusing the whole of Old Trafford of doing it and only trying to get one over on ye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Come on guys back to uhe football. Fill me in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Ares wrote: »

If the chants are loud enough to be heard on tv then its clearly quite a vocal section of the crowd singing it. Its not exactly an isolated incident when it comes to fans of Manchester United. The whole 'its only a minority' is hard to believe..

No one here said they heard it on tv, except maybe Rarnes, but I'm not sure. The rest seems to be twitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Didn't hear them myself, but saw some tweets that said there were 'always the victim' chants from some sections of the Man Utd support. Rarnes heard it too

Can't say I've heard it myself, nor have I seen anything on Twitter about it. But hey, our minds can play tricks on us all, even rarnes.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Surprise surprise, certin people only commentating on negative things about United. Yes there are idiots chanting, but every club has them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Who here actually heard it on TV.
    If you did congratulations on your amazing ears.

If the chants are loud enough to be heard on tv then its clearly quite a vocal section of the crowd singing it. Its not exactly an isolated incident when it comes to fans of Manchester United. The who le 'its only a minority' is hard to believe..

Please stop, you're making the rest of us look bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Mars Bar wrote: »

Buttner is en route to the Ballon d'Or

Not many obsessives about today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Mars Bar wrote: »

Hehehehehehehehe

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Buttner is en route to the Ballon d'Or

Shared with Bebe?

What a finish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

BOOM!!! Powell!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Nick Powell!!!

POWELLLLLLLLLLLLL!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

POWELLLLLLLLLLLLLL WHAT A HIT!!

HERO!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

What a goal . He's going to be a special player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Powell!

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Surprise surprise, certin people only commentating on negative things about United. Yes there are idiots chanting, but every club has them.

No they don't. It's only Manchester United apparently. And it's not just a minority, it's all of us, even you and me.

Some people would really want to pull their head out of their arse. Anything for a pop at United/United fans.

Cracker!!!
    Nice to see a couple of debut goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Great goal from Powell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭mono627

Hon the debutants!

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭p.oconnor

A great second half here, well done powell great goal

Powel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Really nice goal

• Advertisement

Why did I pussy out of bringing Chico into my Fantasy team last night? :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Lovely finish from Powell!

baz2009 wrote: »
    Why did I pussy out of bringing Chico into my Fantasy team last night? :pac:

You're a wuss :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Great finish by Powell, but WTF was Wellbeck doing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Nani should have scored!

Nani has been absolutely shocking with his shooting today.

• Advertisement

Could get another one or two before this is over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Didn't hear them myself, but saw some tweets that said there were 'always the victim' chants from some sections of the Man Utd support. Rarnes heard it too

You didn't even hear it and you came in with a stinking attitude towards a United poster. Pffft. That is what this is really about, the usual Ynited V Liverpool sh1t.
    Lads, I am tired of this uproar, I hate the chanting and the songs as much as anyone else but can we not put it into a tread of it's own instead of taking up the game threads?

Absolutely delighted for Alex Buttner and Nick Powell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Finally United playing decent football, only took till the second half of the 4th game

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Shared with Bebe?

Yep. I'd say they will have to make a new trophy for one of them. The 'Bebe d'Dor' perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

scudzilla wrote: »
    Great finish by Powell, but WTF was Wellbeck doing?

Being greedy looking for a goal, didn't look like he wanted to pass to rvp

Nani could've done better there.

killwill wrote: »
    You didn't even hear it and you came in with a stinking attitude towards a United poster. Pffft. That is what this is really about, the usual Ynited V Liverpool sh1t.
    Lads, I am tired of this uproar, I hate the chanting and the songs as much as anyone else but can we not put it into a tread of it's own instead of taking up the game threads?

What? I just asked if anyone heard it because I've only got the game on in the background with the sound off

I'm trying not to post any more about it, but I'm still being accused of trying to get one over or something so I'm going to defend myself

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Fergies hairdryer does the biz once again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Ignore the bs lads. Its tiresome

I dont think Chicho has been offside today has he?

Only when he took the penalty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

No don't think so, Wigan are playing very deep though

Feels nice to have a left back who gets you excited when he touches the ball.

Giggidy.

Maynar would want to calm down.

Buttner will be after him.

Did Fig Rolls try to stamp on Nani there?

• Advertisement
Advertisement