Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mark byrne npws ranger.

Options
  • 15-09-2012 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

hi there. just wondering what the outcome of the enquiry into the rangers that wer accused of running shooting holidays. i think robert lundy was the 2nd guy mentioned in an earlier thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Do you have a link to the story/case.
    What part of the country was this happening in?

Edit: Story broke 30 May 2009. Last year 2011 he was the Conservation Ranger for the NPWS Glenveagh National Park, Churchill, Co Donegal.
    Seemed like bit of a storm in a tea cup tabloid story designed to cause faux outrage to be honest.

The locked Boards thread www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055579606

Just read through the thread, I miss JWShooters opinion, called it how it was and knew what he was talking about...

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭.james1984

what happened jw???????????? mark bynre had to shooters up in court for poaching <snip>. just wondering if anyone one heard how that case went

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Folks, as was stated in the earlier thread:
    Sparks wrote: »
    Lads, just watch the libellous stuff, okay? Comments on the article - fine. Comments on concluded court cases/inquiries - fine. Naming someone or identifying them and accusing them of something that's not yet proven in a court (and I don't care if the dogs on the street know it, because the dogs on the street aren't the ones the solicitors letters are addressed to in the libel lawsuit), that's not okay, it'll get boards.ie in trouble.
    I've had to edit one post in here already.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭.james1984

sorry about that, im new to this. i learning as i go along. but i do know there was a case because i had the shooting rights of the same piece of land and was told by land owner to stay clear as there was to lads in trouble

Advertisement