Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UserCP -> Followed Forums issue

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

I'm going to assume this page is the one causing problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

That's the page.

Not your ornery onager

I've looked into this and I'm afraid it won't be possible given the limitations of the vBulletin template system and the templates that are re-used to display that page, the knock on effects from adding a gap line will modify much more than the user CP page.

Danny

Thanks for looking into it.

I thought the text description, on the forums that have it, was just a metadata string and that an appropriate string could be added to the forums that don't seem to have it at present. My theory was formed in total ignorance of vBulletin internals though....

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    Thanks for looking into it.

I thought the text description, on the forums that have it, was just a metadata string and that an appropriate string could be added to the forums that don't seem to have it at present. My theory was formed in total ignorance of vBulletin internals though....

If you want to approach the mods of the forums you are subscribed to and ask for them to form a description for the forum then any admin would be happy to add it in. There just is no room for me to accommodate forums without descriptions by creating a spacer :)

Danny

• Advertisement

Thanks Danny. Will do.

Edit #1: I just unfollowed the Feed Forward Public forum there. I never visit it these days, tbh.

Edit #2: I have PMed a mod on each of the other three forums asking them to see about having a text line added wherever it goes.

Not your ornery onager

Danny,

Thanks again for taking the time to look into this.

The number of users on small touch screens these days must be high, and it will be growing all the time.

Do you think it would be a worthwhile exercise to do a quick backend search to identify all forums which currently do not have the relevant text description and have someone plug one in to each such forum - or even some script to identify these forums and send an automated pre-composed PM to the/a mod of each with instructions how to insert the text description.

Edit: or even plug the forum name itself into the relevant text box. It might appear superfluous on the followed forum list, but would have the desired effect of separating the two links. Easier to do than my above suggestions, I would think....

I know resources are probably stretched, but as you can imagine it is a real pain to accidentally unfollow a forum due to this issue (and fat fingers, admittedly) and then have to find the forum again to re-follow it.

Not your ornery onager

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement