Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fin's Fables

• 15-09-2012 12:38pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭

Hi guys
    I hav'nt been on much lately, travelling a lot etc. I'm also putting a lot into a book i've been writing on my life in snooker from experiences of playing to travelling for nine years on the pro tour. The snooker site Snooker HQ has put up four edited parts on it's site, i've also written a weekly blog on current events in snooker also on the site.
    I would be grateful if if you could have a read of some of the posts i've put up already and if you have any recommendations or ideas i would be more than happy to hear them

If you go to http://snookerhq.com/tag/fin-ruane/ you will be able to read the four edited parts and the weekly blog.

Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭califano

Very good zack01. I like the last two articles best(O'Sullivan and the home internationals as theres a few good morsels of gossip in there that only an insider would know.

For me previewing or reviewing doesnt really interest me its all about the little stories, generally stuff people wouldnt have heard before. In this case Jimmys shenanigans in pontins and some bits on Ronnie the early years. I think you have to focus on this to keep the reader engaged.

I thought Kens book was ok but felt it could have been way better with more amusing stories and annicdotes which the book didnt deliver on like as much as i expected. Whether he held back or not im unsure. Thats why i dont like autobiographies until people are retired because theres so much they cant say if theyre still in the game!.

Did they just setup the main hall in the old Vincent’s school in Glasnevin on summer holidays then?. Id say there was some air or reverence in crossguns when the players came across?.

Advertisement