Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where's nice to live in Louth

Options
  • 15-09-2012 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I don't want to live in the heart of Drogheda or Dundalk, but maybe close to one of them.
    Just looking into moving there at the moment.
    Any nearby villages with a few shops etc?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭tony81

Blackrock

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Grange Rath Drogheda. Right beside south gate shopping center. near the M1 and good bit away from town.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,926 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

If you want beauty then it's got to be Carlingford.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭micar

Hi
    All depends how close to the M1 you want/need to be.
    Have you had a look at Mornington & Bettystown.
    Originally from very close to the train station in Drogheda. Very quite part of the town and it's off the main road. If I wasn't working in Dublin and was in Drogheda, I would buy/rent a place close to my parents.
    I've always liked Carlingford but it's a good distance from Dundalk. How about Termonfeckin or Clogherhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 ourweeboy

Thanks Guys, nice suggestions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

You must have won a few quid since your last question on this forum ;)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056740345

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭tony81

Bit mean, 10green bottles, the op is probably looking for a nice area to live.

I get the irony, a lot of working people don't have the luxury of being able to rent in a nice area, or they have to live in towns because they can't run afford to run a car. But as the saying goes: don't hate the player, hate the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

It's one thing putting your name down on the social housing list, it's quite another actually getting offered a house/apartment within a short timeframe. Do you expect the OP to live on the streets between now and then?

OP, while Carlingford is lovely, it is expensive and also quite isolated in terms of distance to Dundalk if you don't drive. I don't know Blackrock but by all accounts it's meant to be very nice. I know a few people who live in Tallanstown and like it there, but a bit far inland for me.

Around Drogheda Tullyallen or Dunleer or Termonfeckin. Have you any children that will need to be enrolled in a school or any other deciding factors like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Meath

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Neewbie_noob

ourweeboy wrote: »
    I don't want to live in the heart of Drogheda or Dundalk, but maybe close to one of them.
    Just looking into moving there at the moment.
    Any nearby villages with a few shops etc?
    Thanks!

I've heard Dundalk is quite nice.

• Advertisement

Dunny wrote: »
    Meath
    i am considering it :)

It's one thing putting your name down on the social housing list, it's quite another actually getting offered a house/apartment within a short timeframe. Do you expect the OP to live on the streets between now and then?

Thank you.. you are right, I just want to aim high. Like I said in my previous thread, please don't judge me 10greenbottles..I am far from living the highlife

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭newtothis2011

Dunleer, is mid way between Drogheda and Dundalk:) good schools,playschools, bank, postoffice, cafes, restaurants etc serviced by CIE, close to M1, wish I was living there again

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

I think blackrock is lovely, Dunleer is also quite nice. Have you got your own transport, if not check out public transport because Im not sure how reliable or good it is in rural areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

I live in Dunleer, its pretty nice.
    close to m1, midway from drogheda and dundalk.
    No major anti social problem, 4 chippers, 2 sorta cafes, 5 pubs, 2 restaurants, 2 chemists, 3 or 4 hairdressers/barbers, 2 bookies, spar, centra, fruit&veg shop, corner shops, 2 butchers, a bank, PO, CU, dry cleaners.
    think that's all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

event wrote: »
    I live in Dunleer, its pretty nice.
    close to m1, midway from drogheda and dundalk.
    No major anti social problem, 4 chippers, 2 sorta cafes, 5 pubs, 2 restaurants, 2 chemists, 3 or 4 hairdressers/barbers, 2 bookies, spar, centra, fruit&veg shop, corner shops, 2 butchers, a bank, PO, CU, dry cleaners.
    think that's all :)
    and a toy shop , a secondary and primary school, football pitch running track, recreation centre with gym...............

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

ourweeboy wrote: »

Thank you.. you are right, I just want to aim high. Like I said in my previous thread, please don't judge me 10greenbottles..I am far from living the highlife

You weren't being judged, you were being called on an earlier thread. A thread where I believe you got a lot more respect than you actually anticipated.

Advertisement