Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When is a jeans dirty ?

• 15-09-2012 1:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭

How long can ya get out of a jeans before washing it ? How do you know when they are dirty ? I know you should change socks and jocks every day as they tend to start smelling quickly.

T-Shirts maybe every second day as they will soak up a lot of sweat, the pits get a bit mank and you know your done when the Lynx wont cover it up. Hoodie/Jumper you'll get longer unless you drop a bit of curry on em but you'll know when their time is up by pit smell too.

But jeans ? At the moment I live by the age old adage "If the arse dont smell of shít, aint no point in washing it". Is this the societal norm ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Depending on what I'm doing, I get anywhere between 3 and 7 wears out of jeans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Many many years....assuming you are dry cleaning them instead of washing them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Until there's visible stains or smells.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Sponge25

Seriously? My jeans are always washed if I'm going for a night out.

If i'm not doing anything and just hanging around in the house i'll wear them 2-3 days in a row though! I always change my boxers and socks/tshirt though!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

tee shirts, socks and jocks = one day use only.
    jeans 2 minimum depending on what your doing.

women = one use then out with the old and in with the new :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

At most 3 wears but for me personally 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

When they can stand up by themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

When a hole under the crotch becomes visible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

I've got the same jeans on for 4 days now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Oranage2 wrote: »
    When a hole under the crotch becomes visible.

No, that's just ventilation. Besides, if you were y-fronts the same colour nobody can tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

A jeans?

When it's a smelly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Old rule if you can't smell freshness of clothing then they need a wash.

Scioch wrote: »
    How long can ya get out of a jeans before washing it ? How do you know when they are dirty ? I know you should change socks and jocks every day as they tend to start smelling quickly.

T-Shirts maybe every second day as they will soak up a lot of sweat, the pits get a bit mank and you know your done when the Lynx wont cover it up. Hoodie/Jumper you'll get longer unless you drop a bit of curry on em but you'll know when their time is up by pit smell too.

But jeans ? At the moment I live by the age old adage "If the arse dont smell of shít, aint no point in washing it". Is this the societal norm ?

Essentially. Remember to check the crotch for a stink of piss and/or jib after a heavy session, particularily if you've slept in them, and you're grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

I just don't take chances, 3 days max and wash time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

woodoo wrote: »
    Old rule if you can't smell freshness of clothing then they need a wash.

Sounds like something Daz came up with. Crap to make ya spend all your money of fancy smelling washing powder when the clothes dont need washing.

I dont want to smell of shít but then again I dont care if I dont smell of roses and vanilla essence ever hour of every day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

No it isn't, you sound manky. You need to implement a 'X number of wears and then a wash' rule. Regardless of stains, or smells or the ability of your clothes to chat back to you.

And Lynx is NOT a substitute for washing your clothes!

Nodin wrote: »
    Essentially. Remember to check the crotch for a stink of piss and/or jib after a heavy session, particularily if you've slept in them, and you're grand.

I find that a smell of shít from the farting after a session is what does them in quicker than the jizz and piss.

You can try mask it with a shot of Lynx but you need to get it right in there and it leaves a white patch. People knowing you know you smell of shít and still didnt change is a million times worse than just smellin of shít.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

cloud493 wrote: »
    Until there's visible stains or smells.

If there is a visible smell, time to wash them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

Depending on what I'm doing, I get anywhere between 3 and 7 wears out of jeans.

I initially read that as between 3 and 7 YEARS out of jeans, at which point my jaw hit the floor :P

• Advertisement

No it isn't, you sound manky. You need to implement a 'X number of wears and then a wash' rule. Regardless of stains, or smells or the ability of your clothes to chat back to you.

Yeah but I could shít myself on wear one and still wear it according to your rules. I only wear clothes that dont smell of shít or sweat. So they cant be that bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

If it doesn't smell and doesn't have any stains, why does it 'need' a wash?

Yeah but I could shít myself on wear one and still wear it according to your rules. I only wear clothes that dont smell of shít or sweat. So they cant be that bad.

You may not think so but I bet you don't smell too good to anyone else.

Why don't you just bring a big bag of washing home to your Mammy this weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

When I lived at home and Mam did the washing, maybe 2 wears. Since I moved out and have to do the washing myself, a considerable number more

You may not think so but I bet you don't smell too good to anyone else.

Why don't you just bring a big bag of washing home to your Mammy this weekend?

I cant smell that bad. I wear deodorant and cologne. I cant detect a smell with my nose against the arse of my trousers so how would anyone else get a bad smell from standing beside me ?

You are so wrong about that, many a night lynx has kept the midgets and flies at bay for another wear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭millie35

Moral is - never trust someone who smells of Lynx

I cant smell that bad. I wear deodorant and cologne. I cant detect a smell with my nose against the arse of my trousers so how would anyone else get a bad smell from standing beside me ?

Men shouldn't smell of lynx and cologne, they should smell lovely and clean, like masculine daisies. Not like a 3 day old humming laundry basket that someone split a bottle of Old Spice over.

Please wash your jeans Scioch, for me :).

Colmustard wrote: »
    You are so wrong about that, many a night lynx has kept the midgets and flies at bay for another wear.

My eyes are watering just thinking about that :eek:.

• Advertisement

Men shouldn't smell of lynx and cologne, they should smell lovely and clean, like masculine daisies. ......

What mental fuckin planet did you come from originally? Was it the one with the tall blue fellas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Funglegunk wrote: »
    If there is a visible smell, time to wash them.

Is there such a thing,

as the OP said, farting session can bring it down to one day.

You can try mask it with a shot of Lynx but you need to get it right in there and it leaves a white patch. People knowing you know you smell of shít and still didnt change is a million times worse than just smellin of shít.

Ye spray it on the inside....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Carter P Fly

wearing jeans for the 3rd day, will throw them in the wash tonight. Always wear clean jeans if I'm going out but for work, fcuk it, 2-3 days no probs.

At the weekend at home i don't care how many times they've been worn but if I head out to go shopping or something ill change to a new pair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Neadine

Uhhhhhhh :eek:
    Now, would you, by chance, be single???

Sounds like something Daz came up with. Crap to make ya spend all your money of fancy smelling washing powder when the clothes dont need washing.

Ah now, you said a few posts back that when the back of your jeans smell of s**t then you wash them. Believe me your jeans are reeking to other people long before that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Sponge25

millie35 wrote: »
    Moral is - never trust someone who smells of Lynx

Why!? I shower like 6-7 times a week and I spray lynxs. I always have fresh clothes. Just makes me smell nicer and my gf gets it for me when she goes shopping so I just spray it when I get out of shower.

Neadine wrote: »
    Uhhhhhhh :eek:
    Now, would you, by chance, be single???

Yeah
    I am a strapping fellow for the life of me I can't work out why I am single.

Men shouldn't smell of lynx and cologne, they should smell lovely and clean, like masculine daisies. Not like a 3 day old humming laundry basket that someone split a bottle of Old Spice over.

Please wash your jeans Scioch, for me :).

But arent ya just replacing the small of cologne with the smell of washing powder ? When ya think about it we should all probably smell of sweat and shít.

I'm willing to compromise though, I'll wash em next week and split this week between two of last weeks jeans and one fresh one. Hows that ?

Each person has a smell that they can't get themselves until its really rising.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Motorist

Handy to just give them a Mexican shower. Put them in a plastic bag with a can of lynx in there. Tie the bag up and spray the lynx (through the plastic) for about 20 seconds. Leave it for 5 minutes and then take them out - good as new !

• Advertisement

Nodin wrote: »
    Ye spray it on the inside....

It never occurred to me. :o

Ah now, you said a few posts back that when the back of your jeans smell of s**t then you wash them. Believe me your jeans are reeking to other people long before that.

Yeah because I dont want to smell of shít. I'd rather smell of flowers than shít. But if they dont smell of shít, what need for the flowers ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Neadine

Yeah
    I am a strapping fellow for the life of me I can't work out why I am single.

A mystery, I'm sure!

Each person has a smell that they can't get themselves until its really rising.

Nah, no matter how attuned you are to it you'd pick it up at source with your nose against the fabric.

Any rising smell in the initial shít smelling stage would be masked well by the deodorant and cologne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

you're supposed to turn them inside out when washing

use as little detergent as possible at low temp and hang them up to dry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

I actually know the answer to this question.

Unless there are visible stains on the jeans, you are supposed to put them in a plastic bag and into the freezer overnight to kill all the germs.

That way, they don't fade.

Only wash them in the machine when visibly dirty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Socks / t-shirts / boxer shorts - one day only

Jeans - five days max. But that's only if I'm wearing them for a few hours in the evening [not all day]. Wearing jeans all day then it's wash after three days max.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

The fact that you have to smell the arse of your trousers to see if you can get any more wear out of them sends up flares about your personal hygiene. Would you have a shower and get into a pair of jeans with several days wear in them already?

Abi wrote: »
    The fact that you have to smell the arse of your trousers to see if you can get any more wear out of them sends up flares about your personal . Would you have a shower and get into a pair of jeans with several days wear in them already?

Course I would if they didnt smell or wernt dirty. I am plenty clean, I shower every day, wash my hands after going to the toilet. My personal hygiene is fine.

I mean unless your going around in a chemical spill suit your gonna be in contact with all sorts. I know I am the only thing thats been in my pants (unfortunately) and that I'm clean as a whistle getting into them and change jocks every day. How dirty can they be if they dont smell and have no stains ? None is the answer, none dirty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

I remember hearing somewhere that you don't need to wash jeans, unless there is stains or dirt on them. You should just hang them out on the line to air out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement