Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frankie Forde's Barber Shop is Closing down.

Options
  • 15-09-2012 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Unbelievable.

After all these years, Frankie Forde's barber shop on Washington street is closing down for good on 29th September.

Went in yesterday for my usual number 3 blade haircut and saw several signs stating Frankie's barber shop is closing permanently on 29th September next. Rose, who cut my hair, confirmed this. I didn't want to pry was it closing because Frank is retiring or was is for some other reason.

Whatever the reason, I felt genuinely sad. I've been going in there on and off for over 20 years. Great staff and always a great haircut. Frank's been there for so long and so many know the place and respect it this the end of an era in Cork. As I left I shook hands with Frank, Rose and Winston and wished them all the best.

Cheers Frank.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Hickeys (I know, not the same though), Roches Stores, Cudmores etc, and now Frankies, thats a pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

kub wrote: »
    Hickeys (I know, not the same though), Roches Stores, Cudmores etc, and now Frankies, thats a pity.
    The one on Maylor St,That re-opened I thought ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Gamb!t wrote: »
    The one on Maylor St,That re-opened I thought ?

It did, different owner, nice to see it re opened though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

Frankie Forde - nice man and a bit of a Cork institution. Good luck to him if he's retiring. End of an era.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Haven't been since I was a teenager. Sad news....maybe we should all head in for a Flat Top !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Got the first hair cut I could remember in there, havent been in about 12 years though.

Always sad to see places close, wish all the staff well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sue Warner

a great barber and big loss to the city more of cork city is going

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Sorry to hear about the closure of the barbers and other stores, but the problem is more widespread than you may think. Check out my video "Waterford City Centre Shops Closed" and you will see the problem here in my city. Please do what you can to urge, threaten or embarrass your council to not allow what has happened to Waterford to happen to Cork. Good luck Stefan. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX1OktbFkXw

Advertisement