Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**DEBS DILEMMA!!**

Options
  • 15-09-2012 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

Hi have my debs monday and the girl who im bringin doesn't want to come to my house. My parents invited loads of people over for pictures and stuff but i don't think that will be happening now...... :(

My parents think it's ridiclous and stupid if i leave the house on my own to get the party bus(1st stop which is 5 mins away) without my date. The last stop to my friends house is 20 mins away and she want me to meet her there. She's coming from lucan and she doesn't want to come all the way to beaumont because she says it's too far, we even offered to collect her from where she lives and bring her to my house for pics then get the partybus at the first stop but she said no!!

I'm not happy and can anyone tell me how I would convince her to come to my house she's not listening at all

Thanks and did anyone have the same dilemma or similar????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

It could be down to not wanting to meet the family so what you could do is have a few friends over so its more like a party than anything else? Especially if she doesn't know you very well. Or you could all meet up in a pub or something for drinks closer to where she lives as opposed to going to the house.

If she's literally not coming because its too far despite being offered a lift then she's being a bit of a bitch tbh and I don't know what to do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Honestly that is ridiculous and she's not worth taking if she doesn't even have the decency to meet your parents... I think you should keep trying to convince her and let her know that it is YOUR debs and that it's a big thing for you and your family to get pictures for this once in a lifetime even. If it was me I'd seriously tell her to go stuff her night out and go on my own. I don't know how close ye are together but what she's doing just isn't acceptable in my eyes. For my debs and for the debs of my date there was none of that. We went to the respective houses and met with the parents and family. Pictures...then went to town where everyone was meeting up for the bus. I wish you all the best... I really do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭SoundFella

did she give you a reason why she doesnt want to ? , in a ideal world she might just be nervous about it so just re assure her , hope it goes well and enjoy the big day :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 jsmscork

Parents... always the same. It's only the Debs for crying out loud..... It's not like you're getting married.

Advertisement