Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you allowed to make for the construction studies project?

• 15-09-2012 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm interested in music, mainly percussion. I was wondering would making a musical instrument be a good project? My teacher is very unclear as to what we can make so i thought id ask here :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

You can pretty much make anything related to construction and I'm making a chess board with a stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Yakuza42

There are a few ways to go about it.

When I did the leaving cert 3 years ago a lot of the class made furniture, a small amount made musical instruments and one or two people made sectional models of houses etc. demonstrating things such as domestic hot water systems.

There aren't any limits on what you can or cant make, but my advice on this one would be to pick whatever you really want to do, not what you think will get you the most marks; because it doesn't make all that much of a difference on the nature of the object, just the constructional quality.

If you were thinking about making a guitar for example, you will take a lot more care in making that than if your teacher advises you to just make a coffee table or something.

Advertisement