Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power Cuts Charlesland Court

Options
  • 15-09-2012 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭

Anyone know why?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Anyone know why?
    All of Charlesland didn't pay their electrical bills, we're all in arrears. ESB sent final warnings but I guess they weren't noticed or adhered to.

Either that or it's the governments plan to get us out to play in the sun

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭audreyp

Anyone know why?

Rang ESB major fault in greystones! No idea when it will be resolved! My head is wrecked from alarms!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Well the leccy is back on but the water pump seems to have decided to stop working, would anyone have any tips as to what i can try to get it up and running again?

(And yep i have switched it off at the plug and switched it one again and also turned off and on all the fuses hoping that it had only tripped or something)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

Pablo, this is a known fault of the pumps in charlesland. Power cuts or surges blow the circuit boards. Happens a lot in the apartments. New board required.

or theres an airlock from using the water while the power was out, you will need to force water back into the system to get past it.

best way to do it is put your hand over the tap in the kitchen and clasp it really tight. turn on the hot and cold tap and the cold water will move back into the system and into the pump clearing the airlock out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

The water pumps in Charlesland are known to be problematic. Fred Mohr told me they fail a lot but only need a small part. Some plumbers will tell you that you need a new water pump but this isn't true as they can actually go off and sell the pump second hand.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭prettygurrly

had the power cut as far away as the glen of the downs by the way...we felt your pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Well the leccy is back on but the water pump seems to have decided to stop working, would anyone have any tips as to what i can try to get it up and running again?

(And yep i have switched it off at the plug and switched it one again and also turned off and on all the fuses hoping that it had only tripped or something)

If you have the tap on while you switch the fuse back and wait a few minutes before you flip the switch back it might work

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

The water pumps in Charlesland are known to be problematic. Fred Mohr told me they fail a lot but only need a small part. Some plumbers will tell you that you need a new water pump but this isn't true as they can actually go off and sell the pump second hand.

Yep, Fred fixed ours with a new board about 50 spuds if I remember right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Yep, Fred fixed ours with a new board about 50 spuds if I remember right.

Good to hear that, he's popping over in the morning.

Cheers for the tips and tricks everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Rabia

hi, since the general power cut we had on wedneday, i cant use some of my appliances in the kitchen, does anyone have the same issue? thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

Rabia wrote: »
    hi, since the general power cut we had on wedneday, i cant use some of my appliances in the kitchen, does anyone have the same issue? thank you

Have you checked your fuse box to make sure non of the fuses tripped?

HI, well i dont know how to check the fuse box, i reported the pb to the management company and i find them not really responsive. so i need an electrician but they wont give me his number so i can chase him , so i am very very upset and frustrated, i cant use anything int the kitchen,cant cook nothing. so i dont know what to, please help anyone?!!!! thank you

HI, well i dont know how to check the fuse box, i reported the pb to the management company and i find them not really responsive. so i need an electrician but they wont give me his number so i can chase him , so i am very very upset and frustrated, i cant use anything int the kitchen,cant cook nothing. so i dont know what to, please help anyone?!!!! thank you
    It's not a management company issue so they wouldn't be really able to help much??

There should be a general fuseboard in your unit.

Can you advise what type of unit you're living in so someone can tell you where the board is located (usually in the hall near the front door)

We seem to lose pressure down every time we put the heat on! I heard this happed to people already, did you get it fixed? Can you give us contact details? Thank you

i just found an electrician myself and called him, hope he shows up shortly. the other issue iam having now is with the heat, the pressure goes down when i put the heat on :-(

Sounds like you expansion vessel or water pump is gone in your boiler, you'll need to contact a plumber

ok, can anybody give a phone number to contact a plumber please.

please use this link for all numbers and services, its at the top of this forum

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056715494

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

ok, can anybody give a phone number to contact a plumber please.

Pm sent.

• Advertisement
Advertisement