Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ear stretch?

• 15-09-2012 2:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭

Okay, I stretched my ear yesterday, I got it done in Swineline in Waterford but this morning when I woke up, skin was after growing over the front of it, just a bit of the side and the back is all red. I'm panicking and don't know what to do, any help please?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Okay, I stretched my ear yesterday, I got it done in Swineline in Waterford but this morning when I woke up, skin was after growing over the front of it, just a bit of the side and the back is all red. I'm panicking and don't know what to do, any help please?

Could possibly sound like a blowout maybe. What size did you stretch to and from? Best thing to do would be get a piercer to take a look at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Could possibly sound like a blowout maybe. What size did you stretch to and from? Best thing to do would be get a piercer to take a look at it.

It was the start of a blowout. Its out now. I'd rather not say how big I went to and from for risk of abuse off everyone, I realize it was a stupid idea now. I'll just leave it at that I now know not to skip sizes. I'm gonna let it heal for a week or two, then repeirce and work my way up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

It was the start of a blowout. Its out now. I'd rather not say how big I went to and from for risk of abuse off everyone, I realize it was a stupid idea now. I'll just leave it at that I now know not to skip sizes. I'm gonna let it heal for a week or two, then repeirce and work my way up.

Yeah that's the best thing to do. Take it out, keep it clean and do vitamin e or bio oil Massages too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Did you say the piercer did this stretch for you? If so, you shouldn't really be getting abuse for it, but I'd stay well away from that piercer, as they should have known better!

Did you say the piercer did this stretch for you? If so, you shouldn't really be getting abuse for it, but I'd stay well away from that piercer, as they should have known better!

Yeah she did and I was kinda forced into it as I did not feel comfortable going to the size I did, I asked was it okay to do this and would it not be really sore and bad for my ear but she told me everything would be fine and it wouldn't be too bad. Obviously not.

I've learned my lesson to stay clear of that place and not to skip sizes now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

I've learned my lesson to stay clear of that place and not to skip sizes now!
    Yeah I learned to steer clear of there the hard way as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

I'm gonna let it heal for a week or two, then repeirce and work my way up.

You should be allowing 4-6weeks with going up one size for healing at least ! You should give your skin a good while to recover since you've jumped sizes!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

this was your mistake

Arawn wrote: »
    this was your mistake

I know, hard to learn that the hard way unfortunately.
    You should be allowing 4-6weeks with going up one size for healing at least ! You should give your skin a good while to recover since you've jumped sizes!

So like a month or two? my ear has closed up now, its still a bit sore when I touch something off it so I know its nowhere near healed

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭piercingdanny

Start using Bio-Oil immediately on your ear. If you plan to stretch it in the future then you will have to try and minimise any scar tissue formation as any scar tissue would hinder your future hopes of stretching succesfully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Start using Bio-Oil immediately on your ear. If you plan to stretch it in the future then you will have to try and minimise any scar tissue formation as any scar tissue would hinder your future hopes of stretching succesfully.

OP shouldn't really be doing any massages until it's healed and not painful as before that it'll just do more damage.

finality wrote: »
    OP shouldn't really be doing any massages until it's healed and not painful as before that it'll just do more damage.

I think its healed now, its not one bit painful or swollen and hasn't given me any trouble since I removed the stretch so I'll give it a few days or so to be safe.

Thanks for your help everyone who posted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I think its healed now, its not one bit painful or swollen and hasn't given me any trouble since I removed the stretch so I'll give it a few days or so to be safe.

Thanks for your help everyone who posted!

It's one week since you got it done. It's NOT healed.

It's one week since you got it done. It's NOT healed.

Okay okay, maybe its not!

Advertisement