Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skygo Jailbreak Fix!!!!

• 15-09-2012 2:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭

This is the first fix I have found to enable skygo on jailbroken iphone since xcon stopped working. Not sure if it has bee posted here already.Instructions as follows:

DELETE SKYGO APP FROM DEVICE BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH THE FOLLOWING STEPS!

Go to cydia add repo [url]Http://cydia.myrepospace.com/foosty666[/url].
    Search skygo and install it.

Open Installous where skygo will now appear under download tab.
    Click on skygo & install ipa.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭phill106

Thanks, tried it and it works!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭kristok 2

phill106 wrote: »
    Thanks, tried it and it works!

It's the xcon work around using an old version but can only access movie on demand stuff.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Already posted , but your missing one step .
    Dont forget to respring device after uninstalling SkyGo .

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Now that installous is gone, is there any other way to get this back working on JB devices?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Now that installous is gone, is there any other way to get this back working on JB devices?

There were ways of doing what installous did before, just manually. There are a few guides for it. I don't think boards.ie would allow me to get into detail though.

It is very very easy, just installous made it easier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 c0ldvengeance

This video shows you how to fix it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,918 ✭✭✭Soarer

Followed that video and it worked a treat. Only problem is I had to remove AppSync to install SkyGo, and now I can't reinstall AppSync as it comes up with errors.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 c0ldvengeance

Soarer wrote: »
    Followed that video and it worked a treat. Only problem is I had to remove AppSync to install SkyGo, and now I can't reinstall AppSync as it comes up with errors.

Any ideas?

The installation for Old Sky Go Assets has its own Appsync type application that does the same thing. At least it did for me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Will this allow airplay or HDMI output?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,918 ✭✭✭Soarer

The installation for Old Sky Go Assets has its own Appsync type application that does the same thing. At least it did for me :)

Saw that as part of the install package, but when I didnt see it under "installed", I got a bit worried.

Woohoo so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,657 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I tried to follow the steps but keep getting these errors on cydia. I have tried the cleaner app to remove any bad installs on cydia but its still the same. I have tried other apps on cydia but still get those errors highlighted.

osIQF5Z.jpg

Any help out there :)

bump :o

I got Sky Go (Old) installed. the problem is it says my login details are incorrect. I have tested these login details on the sky go desktop player and it works fine. Anyone else come across this problem.

Edit: It looks like sky have patched it again :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

I got Sky Go (Old) installed. the problem is it says my login details are incorrect. I have tested these login details on the sky go desktop player and it works fine. Anyone else come across this problem.

Edit: It looks like sky have patched it again :(
    Same thing happening for me :mad:

Advertisement