Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good vet for a rabbit, north Dublin?

• 15-09-2012 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭

Hi all

One of my bunnies is unusually docile the past few days and she's not eating much. She's normally by far the most active rabbit I have and also the one who hates being picked up the most, but today she's sitting still the whole time and she's not objecting to me lifting her up :-(

Anyways, I know most vets will see her but does anyone know if there's any specific vets in North County Dublin who are good with bunnies? If so, which ones?

Thanks

Kenny

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Not sure but if you can get the bun to somewhere like Bray Vets you could probably take the bun on the bus (if you don't have transport) or Dart.
    I'd treat it as an emergency if the rabbit isn't eating if you can get your hands on some Critical Care or if you can't buy some Complan..the origional flavour and have it to hand anyway..perhaps if the bun isn't eating enough at the moment start making some up and feeding it to the bun via spoon or syringe if the bun stops eating you could loose her.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭NibNib

Hi Kenny,

Can I recommend you the vet in Bray? I know you asked for a vet in North Dublin but this Bray in vet is very knowledgeable in bunnies. Her name is Barbara O'Malley. She was first recommended to me by the veterinary hospital at UCD.

I had many bunnies in the past. I went to another vet in the past and if only I found Barbara earlier, I'm sure one of my bunnies wouldn't die (the rest of my bunnies were looked after by her since).

It's well worth the trip. Her surgery is in Bray, across the way from McDonald's.

Hope it helps and hope ur bunny is ok.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I'd definitely get your bun to the vet sooner rather than later, buns who are sick very rarely show any symptoms til it's really really bad.
    However, could be something as simple as a sore tooth, but still, better to get it checked out asap.

Can recommend Bairbre O'Malley in Bray as well, she's great for small furries, had my mice out with her and she's great with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭d9oiu2wk07blr5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭steel_spine

My vet in Galway has actually mentioned the one in Bray for 'exotics' (ie anything that isn't a dog, cat or farm animal) when my rats have had mystery ailments, so she must have a good rep. Is it far for you to travel?

• Advertisement
Advertisement