Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cobra car alarm assistance

• 15-09-2012 3:00pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,621 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I have a Cobra car alarm on the wifes Demio, 00 model.

Upon replacing the battery the infernal thing won't alarm the car.
    Tried the "press A+B together for 10 secs, flashing light goes out, press A for 1 sec to resync the fob" but to no avail, the light doesn't stop flashing.

Another wrinkle is that in addition to the fob supplied there is a little black button on the dash with a red led on the mounting, little thing.
    When the little button is pushed the led flashes once or twice.
    Is this part of the Cobra alarm?
    I have no idea!

So, some help, please!

If it's a thing that no one knows how to correct this can you tell me where in Dublin, preferably north of the city, I can get this fixed properly?

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,051 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I've reset a couple of these myself but the process when I did it involved inserting the key in the ignition at some stage and pressing the buttons either before or while they flashed. Sorry have sold both cars I had since so not 100% sure on the process.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭5500

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

Another wrinkle is that in addition to the fob supplied there is a little black button on the dash with a red led on the mounting, little thing.
    When the little button is pushed the led flashes once or twice.
    Is this part of the Cobra alarm?
    I have no idea!

Yes its part of the alarm,its for entering your pin code/disarming alarm/adding remotes. Do you have any documents with the car about the alarm with the pin? Its a 4 digit code, do you have the stick on your keys even that attachs to it?

Advertisement