Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kate topless photos carried in Irish Daily Star tabloid

• 15-09-2012 3:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭

Scumbag newspaper..I certainly dont want to see these photos and Im
    ashamed that an Irish newspaper has decided to publish these photos in a greedy attempt to make a few bob..Im not pro -royal but I dont think Kate deserves this ...Boycott this rag!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19611407

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

It's just another pair of boobs, nothing you won't see on page 3. It certainly won't get me buying the Sun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I'm delighted. She shouldn't have taken her top off while she was outdoors. William should have more sense, and warned her not to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

has anybody posted them on the interweb yet ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

Oh God, they've gone so far they've started to satirise themselves. Yes, that's really what the men and women of Ireland died for in 1916 -- the right to print nudey pictures of monarchs. FFS! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

It would have been a nice gesture to our neighbours not to publish them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Ally Dick wrote: »
    I'm delighted. She shouldn't have taken her top off while she was outdoors. William should have more sense, and warned her not to

It was taken with long lens, have you seen how far back the photographer was? She wasn't at a pool or beach! She does not deserve this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

I can't find Kate Middleton's tits anywhere.

And I've seen the pictures!

I'm beginning to feel like I'm the only one who doesn't give a damn.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

What part of 'hounded forever more by the paparazzi' did she not understand?

The fawning over that couple is stomach churning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Fcuk sake.. why do people care? We live in a society where celebrity culture rules. Don't blame the tabloids for printing shit like this... blame the dribbling masses that gobble it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

They were in a private villa and the photographer was hiding in a bush a couple of hundred metres away. They should have at least some privacy.

I'm beginning to feel like I'm the only one who doesn't give a damn.

Seriously, you'd swear they were the only pair of boobs on the planet. FFS! Does anyone else genuinely give a crap?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

Ah, fook her. If someone wants to whore themselves to the media - whether they're an actor, a musician or any other media personality - they should expect this sort of stuff. Famous people generate an income from being famous - for reducing themselves to a product.

If you don't want your dirty laundry in the papers then fook off and get a job stacking shelves in Tesco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

It was taken with long lens, have you seen how far back the photographer was? She wasn't at a pool or beach! She does not deserve this.

A long camera lens , but it could easily have been a rifle lens .

These monarchs need to realise how public they are and are targets .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

She'll be hangin' with Britney and Paris next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

My mothers sheepdog/collie mix has better tits tbh.

Could we all maybe show a little more class than The Star, all the same, and not be commenting on what Kate Middleton's breasts look like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

A long camera lens , but it could easily have been a rifle lens .

These monarchs need to realise how public they are and are targets .

Jaysus, the words of Gareth Keenan? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Funny how the writer of that statement in the Star conveniently forgets that the paper is half owned by a British company. They're not quite as Irish as they like to make out, but it's still a rag regardless of who owns it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭gara

I really don't understand the outrage over this. The paparazzi have been violating people's privacy for aeons -is Kate Middleton more deserving of privacy than somebody else?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Chavways wrote: »
    They were in a private villa and the photographer was hiding in a bush a couple of hundred metres away. ...
    Whose bush provided the cover?
    Chavways wrote: »
    ... They should have at least some privacy.
    Why? They foster the celeb culture when it suits their objectives; they can't have their cake and eat it as well, the cake that is, not the bush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

It would have been a nice gesture to our neighbours not to publish them

exactly let the french publish them..,.,think about it would you like your wifes tits being perved on by millions??..famous or not unless consent is given it completely wrong to publish these photos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I like these photos. I shall bookmark the site page I found them on... For research purposes of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭celt262

notnumber wrote: »
    exactly let the french publish them..,.,think about it would you like your wifes tits being perved on by millions??..famous or not unless consent is given it completely wrong to publish these photos.

Yeah but do people really give a **** i see boobs every day of the week and they are just another pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

They hypocrisy of British and Irish tabloids is truly astounding.

They print all manner of sh*te all year round, but the moment a pair of Royal nipples are flashed they fall over themselves to maintain their supposed decency.

I say print the damn pictures. If the British taxpayer is footing the bill for these Royal trips, they may as well have access to the Holiday Snaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

( . Y . )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

think about it would you like your wifes tits being perved on by millions??..famous or not unless consent is given it completely wrong to publish these photos.

Would you let your wife sunbathe topless knowing that paps are dying to photograph you?

Would you let your wife sunbathe topless knowing that paps are dying to photograph you in France where your mother died in a car crash whilst being chased by photographers?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

celt262 wrote: »
    Yeah but do people really give a **** i see boobs every day of the week and they are just another pair.

Well if Kate does'nt mind then yes its fine..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

celt262 wrote: »

Lucky you :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭celt262

Well if Kate does'nt mind then yes its fine..

She should have kept her top on if she cared, they would do anything to get pics of her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

wilkie2006 wrote: »
    Ah, fook her. If someone wants to whore themselves to the media - whether they're an actor, a musician or any other media personality - they should expect this sort of stuff. Famous people generate an income from being famous - for reducing themselves to a product.

If you don't want your dirty laundry in the papers then fook off and get a job stacking shelves in Tesco.

If it weren't for her dirty laundry being in the wash, she might have had something to wear.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Millicent wrote: »
    Could we all maybe show a little more class than The Star ...
    After Hours, The Star and the poxy mini-Royals in the same thread and you ask for a display of class? Get real for feck's sake, that combination is about as classless (in every sense of the word) as you'll get on boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

She was at a private villa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭EclipsiumRasa

Scumbag newspaper..I certainly dont want to see these photos and Im
    ashamed that an Irish newspaper has decided to publish these photos in a greedy attempt to make a few bob..Im not pro -royal but I dont think Kate deserves this ...Boycott this rag!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19611407

I don't understand why anyone is flipping out.

They're breasts. This is not the end of the bleeding world.

She's a royal, which is basically a traditional figurehead thing that's sentimentality has decided to keep. So basically she's famous for being famous and little different to many other irrelevant celebrities that exist to move tabloids off newsagents' shelves.

If you want to have something worth complaining about or a cause worth fighting for go join Amnesty International or something actually useful that has a history of making a real difference.

Bitching about this non-issue flavour-of-the-month moral panic is pathetic.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Fcuk sake.. why do people care? We live in a society where celebrity culture rules. Don't blame the tabloids for printing shit like this... blame the dribbling masses that gobble it up.

This.

If you must discuss this tedious non-story I would suggest doing it in the celeb and showbiz forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement