Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling Club close to Citywest?

Options
  • 15-09-2012 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hey,

I want to join cycling club. I've been cycling a bit (Sean Kelly 100kms etc) but would like to join a club and work on my speed/ distance etc, plus to push myself a bit. It's easy to get lazy when cycling on your own.

I'm looking for a club close enough to Citywest... so Lucan/ Tallaght etc would be good. I'm a girl so looking for a club with some other women in it.

any suggestions welcome,

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Lucan crc would be close, plenty of other girls in the club too ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 835 ✭✭✭countrykid

+1 for lucan...went for a spin recently with them and was mighty impressed with the attitude ......also as stated theres seemed to be lots of girls involved..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Usher IRC have lots of riders in the Tallaght/Firhouse area and plenty girls too! Always looking for more.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 evorg

Thanks for the recommendations. Think I'll check out Lucan.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Usher meet in Newcastle for spins through the winter months (and frequently during the summer), just around the corner from you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Usher kit is nicer too!

Newcastle is very close - think I'll contact them first and see. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Thanks for the recommendations. Think I'll check out Lucan.
    You are more than welcome to join us on our official beginners spins starting on the 29th. There will be 3 groups catering for various abilities and interests.
    We meet outside stagg cycles on main street in Lucan for a 9.30 start.
    There will probably be a club spin this Saturday too, but like I said the official beginner / new members start the week after.
    We have a few members from your direction and like some others have said we are very welcoming :-)
    If you have any questions fire away.

hey - thanks for the reply. Have my new bike so looking forwarding to getting out with a club for the first time. Good to know you have other beginners.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭kuro_man

There is an new club starting in Blessington, Reservoir Cogs
    Meet at 9am Sunday, 7pm Wednesdays
    Good road & mtb groups, all abilities welcome.

See facebook page "Reservoir Cogs Cycle Club" and www.reservoircogs.ie (under construction)

Club will be formally registered with CI in November.
    Jersey will be very cool.

• Advertisement

Blessington may be a little far, I don't drive so it would mean cycling all the way up there before I go out on a spin. don't think that's a good idea when I am starting off - maybe when I improve a bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭kuro_man

evorg wrote: »
    Blessington may be a little far, I don't drive so it would mean cycling all the way up there before I go out on a spin. don't think that's a good idea when I am starting off - maybe when I improve a bit!

Yeah, but its worth it, some of the best cycling roads around!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ciulabula

Hello. I live in Citywest as well and would like to spin with someone. Generally I don't want to join any club right now, because my free time may vary. Anyone here up for decent spin from time to time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ipodrocker

ciulabula wrote: »
    Hello. I live in Citywest as well and would like to spin with someone. Generally I don't want to join any club right now, because my free time may vary. Anyone here up for decent spin from time to time?

im near citywest too if your looking for local cyclists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

ipodrocker wrote: »
    im near citywest too if your looking for local cyclists.

This thread is 5 years old man!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ipodrocker

i know seeing if anyone still interested all the same!

Advertisement