Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get matchbooks in Ireland?

Options
  • 15-09-2012 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

In other countries, I've seen shops selling big boxes of matchbooks like these:
    _default.gif
    Can you get these in Ireland? The only ones I can find in Ireland are the Cara boxes which are a ripoff in comparison.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Midnight Oil

Why do you need these specifically? What funtion do they provide that a normal match does not provide?

If for survival mode, SHTF why not use a firesteel? They will last years

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

Matchbooks fell out of favour when the smoking ban was introduced.
    You'll get some from here if you really want them:
    http://www.prestigepromotions.ie/product/Matchbook_12_Matches_326510

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Someone been watching Breaking Bad? :D

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

BogMonkey wrote: »
    In other countries, I've seen shops selling big boxes of matchbooks like these:
    _default.gif
    Can you get these in Ireland? The only ones I can find in Ireland are the Cara boxes which are a ripoff in comparison.

They were useless, the matches twisted, the strikepad was useless - you were better off with a box of matches.

(declaration of interest: was a smoker before lighters became cheap.)

Advertisement