Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League is Set Up

Options
  • 15-09-2012 3:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all.

League is now set up and an invite has been sent to everyone but mikemac and eli manning as I don't have their GTs.

League Name: Boards
    Password: ireland

So please join as soon as. If I've missed anyone else out thats how to join.

ALL PLAYERS CREATE A COACH AND NOT BE AN EXISTING ONE

Few things:

1. FA: Nobody is allowed pick any one up from FA as of yet. As there is no FA bidding in season 1, we will be running a FA draft starting with the 32nd pick and working back to 1st pick. We will run two rounds of this.

2. Rules: Heli I'd appreciate if you'd add these to our rules thread in the first post.

Dropbacks: Dropbacks of further than the actually drop back are not allowed. This will be rigorously enforced. After taking the snap, there is absolutely no reason to be holding down to drop back as the CPU automatically does this for you. If you drop back further than the three/five/seven yards, it gives you an advantage as for some reason EA think a person can run as quick backwards as forwards, and it causes the man coverage and zones to break down completely. Only on screen passes are you allowed the long drop backs as this is sim like. Once the drop back is complete, there is no restrictions on moving out of the pocket or up in the pocket, but it must be realistic, i.e. you can't take the snap and immediately dart out to the sideline. If someone is found to be doing this, they will be instantly banned for one week.

Low Arced Punts: They are outlawed completely. As the CPU can't deal with them, it gives an uncompetitive advantage to the punting team so it is not allowed.

3. Enjoy it lads. First time we've had a full league and it is a great achievement for a minority sporting game in a country of only 4 milling people! Best of luck to everyone and hopefully everyone gets a taste of the play offs.

Pre season week 1 will run from now until Wednesday night when Raoul will advance the league.

Thanks lads.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Done Ben, havent got my invite though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Done Ben, havent got my invite though

You sure?

If you go into CC on Madden it should be under view league invites?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

SantryRed wrote: »
    You sure?

If you go into CC on Madden it should be under view league invites?

Ah was expecting a pm!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭soadtool

Hey all could I get in on this, presuming it's Xbox

Gt. soadtoolfan

soadtool wrote: »
    Hey all could I get in on this, presuming it's Xbox

Gt. soadtoolfan

Hi mate.

We are currently full but could easily have a spot open up soon. Do you want me to put you down on a waiting list?

Also, adrian522 is currently gauging interest for a fantasy league if you want to sign up?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

So just on dropbacks,when you snap the ball with the qb don't hold down the left analog at all,any backwards motion will be done automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Raoul is advancing the league? So we will be skipping straight to week 4? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Are you allowed resign your own players?

Also Charles Woodson and Donald Driver along with a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick are on my trade block. In the market for an LT around 85 and an SS to replace Woodson (80+).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

I've looked through the depth chart and some of the overalls are way off what they are in the depth chart we have access to outside of CC. Kalil, center, is 93 in the regular depth chart, but 82 in CC. All the key stats are the same right? I'm also annoyed I can't get my coach to wear a hoody.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

matthew8 wrote: »
    I've looked through the depth chart and some of the overalls are way off what they are in the depth chart we have access to outside of CC. Kalil, center, is 93 in the regular depth chart, but 82 in CC. All the key stats are the same right? I'm also annoyed I can't get my coach to wear a hoody.

Noticed this too and I think it's because when you create a coach his offensive scheme is automatically put down as west coast and defensive scheme as spread so if for example your teams scheme should be vertical or power run etc it causes the ratings to drop. I thought it would be fixed in the patch but I guess not?

• Advertisement

It'll be fixed in the next patch I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Anyone manage to access the online app? It isnt picking up the league for me

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Anyone manage to access the online app? It isnt picking up the league for me

Yep, working here for me mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Paully D wrote: »
    Yep, working here for me mate.

Cheers, dunno whats going on. In other news, why is Suggs out for 29 weeks!!!!!??????

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

So how many cpu teams have we atm?
    When I go into the online league it says 31 teams(which I presumed was 31 teams taken)
    Obviously we don't so I refer to my first question
    Chargers(Paully)
    Bills
    Seahawks?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Dolphins are CPU after the mysterious disappearance of HeartOfTheCity.
    Texans as Nerd69 had to put them on auto for a while.

Advertisement