Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help!!, dogs have broken out a few times

Options
  • 15-09-2012 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi all, I'm new to this but willing to give it a try, I have rare giant breed dogs and have tried so many different types of fencing and electric dog collars to stop them getting out but to no avail they just break anything or pull it down because they're very very strong and enjoy doing it!, it's not a regular occurrence that they get out thank god but one time is to many times, they're walked, played with and kept both indoors and outdoors but on the rare occasion that they do get out. I'm at my wits end now because of all the money I've spent on trying to secure the garden that I'm thinking of getting an electric fence with low voltage, does anyone have any suggestions on what type of fencing would be ok to use?, or would it even work?, keeping in mind these dogs are 12 stone or more so I would really appreciate some help!, :( thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Simple - you'll need a run made of chain-link fencing with steel uprights set into the concrete base. You'll also need kennels, bedding, a feeding area and running water on-site for washing the dogs and the concrete floor, maybe even a pipe to your sewer.

Did you talk to anyone before deciding to house 12st dogs in a garden? These playful chaps could tow cars or even knock houses and God help anyone they get friendly with.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 caz2

Hi, how do I do that? it took me ages to find my way around here!, would it be possible for ye to place it there for me? please! I would really appreciate it, thanks so much, caz :)

Hi Mathepac, just replying to mod lol!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Follow the link I provided and start a new thread there instead.

• Advertisement

Hi Mathepac, I've always had dogs and these are like bears!, I done a lot of research before getting them and I love them to bits, I put a huge amount of time and effort into them as I'm only tiny and can walk them on my own no problem :) but in what your saying I bought them kennels and they smashed them up!, so they sleep on mattresses in the house or sleep on their own couches it's a big house and we have a big garden, but I really appreciate your input it's definitely something I'll think about thanks so much, caz :)

Ok done

Advertisement