Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

islamophobia

• 15-09-2012 4:14pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 44

Anyone got this recently?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

oldfart wrote: »
    Anyone got this recently?

Describe the symptoms please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

It effects people too thick to understand the difference between normal Muslims and fanatics.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 44 oldfart

yes, people with phobias are all thick...

I don't understand, how can you have an irrational fear of an organised religion? Any more than Catholicism can sneak up on you and give you a fright...

Or are you afraid of those that follow it, ie. Muslims?

Just curious how you can tell who is/isn't Muslim, and how you react when you encounter someone you know is definitely Muslim?

Or are you actually irrationally terrified of Islam, do verses from the Koran freak the hell out of you or something?

The term Islamophobia has been badly applied, I think, to describe people's growing mistrust of those who follow Islam. But I would be very interested to know your answers, in case there is just something here I'm not getting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I think its a play on the word homophobia, which is not a phobia at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

oldfart, to avoid moderator action please read the forum charter before posting in this forum.

If you seriously want a discussion on Islamophobia, politics or humanities are much more appropriate forums.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement